* more than 100 mpg equiv.
* SyncGuideway™ compatible
* Street legal low mass vehicle
* Mobile power station 110 A/C

* Hills
* Corners
* Start-up (power-up) sequences
* Traffic

This car is beautiful and it handles like a dream. It's fast, sexy, makes you ultra healthy and oh yeah, saves the planet. Welcome to the future.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7aapY_yMnQ[/video]

Here's a link to the product brochure.

I think it's pretty interesting, though in principle not much new stuff.

As a kid I used a similar thing on a vacation in Belgium in 1977, they had those at the beach in Brugge (IIRC) to get around town: Human-powered, 4-seat cars that were a bit like bicycles on 4 wheels.

The HumanCar is an expansion on such concepts.

On many occasions, like downhill travel, there's no need to use a motor. Another thing would be traffic jams with stop-and-go. Or short trips, for instance.

There are already bicycles with motor assistance (most often electric) for uphill driving. 4-wheel versions of that would be pretty interesting.

With improved materials, I think it would be possible to build a regular-sized and outfitted car that can use human power, electric, and combustion for backup, all in one.

Tearing up roads for SyncGuideway or similar systems might be an option for some towns or cities in which people could agree to use such a system and are willing to pay some extra taxes for that (or in places in which towns or cities can use taxpayer money for road building). It could also be privately funded, partially. Like, an electrified in-road guide system could be funded from advertisements placed on display along the road (either lo-tech or some cheap display technology like OLED or e-Ink).

Many people might even be entirely happy with a system like HumanCar as it is, especially if they use only specific roads.

I think it's a good idea! :)

Back