What's new

47 years ago today

ennui

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
Most of us weren't even born yet, but 47 years ago today our country lost its innocence in Dallas. We talk about terrorism now, it was an act of terrorism then, maybe by one man, maybe by more.

Yep.....and this country was forever changed. :pout:

I was in art class making posters for the Jr/Sr basketball game...

I was in art class making posters for the Jr/Sr basketball game...

Did the game take place or did they cancel it and send everyone home?

Interesting show a few nights ago on trutv with Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory was about jfk's death and the deathbed confession by E. Howard Hunt.

Whether or not it was a conspiracy, the important point is the country was changed.

Did the game take place or did they cancel it and send everyone home?

The game was cancelled, but they made us finish out the class day...after Art, I had chorus, then US History...our choral director made us sing, thinking it would make us feel better...

The game was cancelled, but they made us finish out the class day...after Art, I had chorus, then US History...our choral director made us sing, thinking it would make us feel better...

Awww. I can NOT believe you can remember all that though. I couldn't tell you what classes I took in HS let alone what order they were in. :surrender:

I feel bad for Caroline...her whole family is gone...mom, dad, brother. I mean I know she has a husband & kids & a whole host of hooligans - I mean cousins...but still her "nuclear family" is all gone. Very sad....

Awww. I can NOT believe you can remember all that though. I couldn't tell you what classes I took in HS let alone what order they were in. :surrender:

Most people who were alive then and of an age where they remember things can tell you exactly what they were doing and what they did the rest of that day. It is something you never forget I am told. I bet everyone remembers what they were doing on 9/11.

Most people who were alive then and of an age where they remember things can tell you exactly what they were doing and what they did the rest of that day. It is something you never forget I am told. I bet everyone remembers what they were doing on 9/11.

I was driving to work in Davenport on 9/11...listening to WGN Radio (when it was still listenable)...

I can remember things that happened to me in kindergarten, outfits I had (everything matched...dress, socks, panties, hankie, hair ribbon or barrette), but if I lay down my glasses or car keys I can't find them 2 minutes later...

I was driving to work in Davenport on 9/11...listening to WGN Radio (when it was still listenable)...

I can remember things that happened to me in kindergarten, outfits I had (everything matched...dress, socks, panties, hankie, hair ribbon or barrette), but if I lay down my glasses or car keys I can't find them 2 minutes later...

Give it 5-10 years you'll remember where they are. :lol:

That's very true.

Back