5 Reasons why New York Needs Carmelo Anthony

power3

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

5 Reasons why New York Needs Carmelo Anthony
Written by ME (power3).

New York Knicks are on the rise but the recent emergence of Jeremy Lin has questioned 'Melo's presence with the Knicks. But people have to realize that Carmelo Anthony is a superstar, he proved it when he took over the Knicks home opener with the Celtics by dropping 30 something points and getting the win.

Jeremy Lin is good and all but Carmelo is a proven star. Here are 5 reasons I believe why the Knicks should and will keep him.

#1. Clutch- Carmelo Anthony is Clutch and is second in the list for making the most game winning or game tying shots, after Kobe Bryant.

#2. Skills- Here is a guy who can shoot the lights out from the outside but also has a legit post game that he can use to score on fellow small forwards or slow big men in the league.

#3. Abilities- The other teams fear Carmelo and that is why he gets double teamed and even triple teamed down the stretch. Him just being on the floor opens up the opposing team's defense for the Knicks. Once he gets doubled, he can easily throw it out for an open shot... of course him teammates have to make them.

#4. Trading him won't be worth it unless the Knicks get a decent Small Forward back but the NBA doesn't have many decent small forwards. Carmelo fits in NYK and although he's seen by some as a ball hog, he can CHANGE THAT.

#5. Stoudemire and him are friends, plus he's the home boy. He was born in New York and he wants to play here. He wants to win as much as everyone else and I have no doubt that he'll give it his all in the playoffs.

Anyways, these are the 5 reasons why the Knicks need and will keep Carmelo. This is my first article and can contain spelling and grammar mistakes.

Attachments

• image.JPG
    image.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 56
Good read! Thanks.

Personally I think the Knick's should be better than their record shows. Could Carmelo have something to do with their sub-par record?

Good read! Thanks.

Personally I think the Knick's should be better than their record shows. Could Carmelo have something to do with their sub-par record?

Yes he did.

He didn't buy into Mike D'Antoni's system. Carmelo is a ball stopping isolation player, who can pretty much score on anyone in the league. He has one of the fastest first step, bunch of moves, a great perimeter shot, and a post game.

But Knicks strategy is basically the run and gun. You gotta make 7 sec decision but Carmelo likes to hold on to the ball for a long time.

Melo is a great player. I'm tired of the media criticizing his style of play. He is about the 2nd most consistent player in the NBA. 1st would be Kevin Durant.
<a href="http://badgesociety.com">Badge Society</a>

That will be also the reasons why NY KNICKS will never win a championship at this state. LOL. Nice list by a fan by the way. Thanks to LIN, they get a big chance going to the playoffs this year.

All Melo needs to do is learn how to play team ball. It sounds simplistic but it's true. For example, if he sees Fields cutting for a bucket, give it to him right away. I don't doubt his skills at all and I'm also suspicious as to what NY can get in return for him.

All Melo needs to do is learn how to play team ball. It sounds simplistic but it's true. For example, if he sees Fields cutting for a bucket, give it to him right away. I don't doubt his skills at all and I'm also suspicious as to what NY can get in return for him.

Yeap. I agree in this post. Melo just needs to be more of a team player rather than just being a ball hog most of the time.

Melo I guess must realize that he really can bring his team by his own. He really needs like a 5 man team. Not 2 or 3 but 5 good players with him.

I especially agree with reason number 3. I've been trying to tell people here time and time again. Regardless of how you feel about him, he is a presence on the court. Teams HAVE to respect his game because they know what he CAN do if they don't.

He use to be really a good player but I think it's a matter of finding the perfect chemistry for a team to play good.

In my opinion they just need better team chemistry and I think Melo definitely fits as the guy that will make that happen.

Back