What's new

A Few Tips For New Forum Owners

Ravenfreak

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Peak Coin
Back when I first made my very first forum on Forumotion I didn't know where to start. I thought making this topic will help with those who are new to owning a forum, and might not know where to start. First off, I assume you've found the host you want to go with and that you've got a domain name if you wanted to get one, so this guide is for those who have already started their forum. So if you have your forum already started, let's get on with the guide!
Add content to every single sub forum you have added to your forum. This will help bring in potential members, and get your community started. Most people will not join if they see empty areas around your forum. I listed this first because I think it's the most important thing to do directly after setting up your subforums, permissions, etc. Don't expect other people to populate your forum if you don't put the effort in to do so yourself.
Look into getting a new theme for your forum and don't forget to add a banner to your forum. If your forum is based around a specific niche be sure to get a theme that reflects the niche. Finally look into promoting your site to help it grow! Participating in posting exchanges can help boost your forum, and if it's a brand new one this will help build content on your forum. I also think if you're not familiar with how a certain software works, making a test forum will help you understand how the software works. Plus this way if you ever feel confident enough to make edits to templates, themes, etc you can do so without breaking your active forum!
I hope these tips will help those who need it!

Back