What's new

Adult Coloring Book?

Bazinga!

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Peak Coin
Does anyone have one of those adult coloring books?  Do you enjoy coloring in it?  Why or why not?

I have one. In the summer I went through really bad depression, so my mother in law bought me one to see if it would help. Which, I mean it didn't make it going away, but it kept my mind occupied where I didn't feel so bad about myself for the time being.

There is one you can purchase that supposedly also decreases stresslevels. I'm not sure what it's called but try googling "coloring book anti-stress"

a friend has a coloring book with profane words in it. not for kids mind you.

I got one for Christmas. It's a really thick one that my mother got me. I have a few pages colored in it but I am no where near completing the book, mind you. It will be something that I will do in my spare time to help relax me, especially after a long hard day at work.

therapeutic and phsychedelic ones i enjoy helps me to take my mind of things when i have been stressed or just need to zone out of everything

I remember when adult colouring books took off and got super popular out of what seemed like nowhere. I think I had one at one stage, although I wouldn’t know where it is now. It’s funny because they’re just colouring books, calling ‘adult’ doesn’t really mean anything. A child could quite easily colour them in too.

I have never tried an adult coloring book, in fact, I have not even seen an adult coloring book in real life. However, based on what I have read about adult coloring books I think these books can be great tools to kill your boredom.

I have a couple of adult colouring books but I think I prefer to colour just the standard children colouring books over adult ones as I find that the adult colouring books have a lot more intricate pictures and the sections for colouring are a lot smaller and harder to colour neatly.

Adult coloring books are quite popular & I see crayons in the stores. I preferred crayons over markers or colored pencils. Trouble is, Crayola isn't the only one making crayons. There's other brands that, in my opinion, are not as good nor do they have all the unique colors.
As for these types of books, for me, they cause stress rather than relieve it for me :)
For those who like to color here, what is your favorite one?

I haven't had an adult coloring book myself but I have seen them around and some of them do look interesting. I just haven't had the time to be able to sit and do things like that so I haven't bothered buying any adult coloring books. I know my friend who I used to go to school with, she was gifted with an adult coloring book and it was not for young eyes, :joycat: she posted some photos of what the book contained, and let's just say it was very adult! LOL

I had one once and it was fun to color in, but I prefer to do my own work instead of coloring inside someone else's lines. I like using markers on coloring books because it goes fast. Crayons are just awful these days with barely any good color and mostly wax.

Back