What's new

AI's Effect on SEO

Jason2022

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
With so much AI, I'd think that loads of fake articles would be all over the net. This would make search engines a joke cause, obviously, AI is something easy to use, a ton faster than writing an article by hand.

Anyway, some SEO gurus aren't afraid of AI, saying that the articles are very inferior and need human editing, Is that the case? Is that the temporary case?

It’s not hard to tell if articles were written by an Ai or a human because Ai software writes with a certain a tone to it that humans don’t really write.

Therefore, if one is using Ai to write content, I’d think it would be best that they edit the ai written content so it’s more unique and has a more human feel to it.

AI is going to wreck SEO with so much junk stuff out there, going to be hard for a lot of sites to get going.

It’s not hard to tell if articles were written by an Ai or a human because Ai software writes with a certain a tone to it that humans don’t really write.

Therefore, if one is using Ai to write content, I’d think it would be best that they edit the ai written content so it’s more unique and has a more human feel to it.
That's only cause AI is in its baby stage.

AI is going to wreck SEO with so much junk stuff out there, going to be hard for a lot of sites to get going.
No doubt. I have no clue how search engines will be able to deal with it.

I'm sure they will view it as copy spam and tank any site's SEO rating.

That’s true. We’ll see what happens in a year or two from now.

Google’s March update punished sites that were using Ai content and deranked/delisted a lot of websites. They’re not fooling around with bad quality and spam content anymore.

This update involves refining some of our core ranking systems to help us better understand if webpages are unhelpful, have a poor user experience or feel like they were created for search engines instead of people. This could include sites created primarily to match very specific search queries.

We believe these updates will reduce the amount of low-quality content on Search and send more traffic to helpful and high-quality sites. Based on our evaluations, we expect that the combination of this update and our previous efforts will collectively reduce low-quality, unoriginal content in search results by 40%.[\quote]

It’s basically done rolling out though.

New spam policies. As we covered earlier, Google introduced three new spam policies including:

• Scaled content abuse.
  • Expired domain abuse.
  • Site reputation abuse.
The first two went into effect immediately, but the site reputation abuse will not go into effect until May.

You can usually tell when an article or any content online is written by AI and I do know that search engines do penalize for AI-content.

I do use AI myself but anything I use is always used as a foundation and I then write the content in my own words.

Back