What's new

Allergies again - making progess

newfly

Soooo demanding
PF Member
Reaction score
We've made it more than three weeks without an allergic reaction so I'm once again looking for information.

Between me scouring labels and friends making suggestions I've found some convenience foods that fit the limited criteria for Lex.

Does the list below give you any additional ideas of what to scout out at the store?

Arrowhead Mills has a cereal line that is basic (no HFCS or corn starch)
Cape Cod chips are made with canola oil (not corn oil)
Sunspire has a dairy free chocolate chip as does Enjoy Life
Snyder's of Hanover has corn-free pretzels.

I'd love to find a corn and dairy free cookie, but that may be too much. Did find a cranberry breakfast cookie but I think it was a brand only available in Canada.

Still trying to find a non-dairy milk that he likes. Coconut and soy have been so-so. Trying almond next.

I think I posted before about the wowbutter (soy butter alternative to peanut butter that tastes like peanut butter) and it looks like welch's natural grape jelly will work for us (no HFCS). These of course go on fresh baked bread - Dominicks has a couple that are corn/dairy free as does Shop and Save.

Oh and have two sources for pure Maple syrup - both Whole Foods and Aldi carry reasonably priced bottles, plus there is a cane sugar one I found at Jewel. So french toast and pancakes have yummy toppings.

So - anything obvious that I may have missed? Convenience foods without corn, dairy or peanut?

I wish I had some ideas off the top of my head to help. What I can do is keep my eyes peeled and if I come across anything I will post. I can ask around tooo.

This is an awesome recipe for warm vanilla coconut milk. Even my dh likes it and he's not a coconut fan.

1 can whole coconut milk (14 oz?)
1 qt water
1 tsp vanilla
4 tbsp maple syrup (or other sugar) -- to taste

Mix ingredients together in a saucepan over low heat. Do not allow to come to a boil. Serve warm. Best when fresh.

Banana chips? Trader joe banana chips are made in coconut oil, not corn oil.
Dried mangoes, blueberries, apricots? Costco carries them at a reasonable price.

Back