What's new

alrighty now...

WaterB

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking about getting a new gaming system.. avging around $1500 w/o a monitor.. should i get a p3-866 as anand says.. or save $90 and get a K7-950 or get a t-bird... if i do get a t-bird.. what MB would be best...

personally i'm leaning more toward the k7-950 and get the KA7-100.. i like the idea 4ide controllers

Are you considering overclocking the system, or is that not an option for you?

------------------
From another BBS:
"hmm... Cyrix III, huh? You can put syrup on sh*t, but that don't make it pancakes."

i'll o/c a little.. just to see if i can do it... i'm probably not gonna push the cpu to it's max...

Then why wonder about getting an P3-866 and get a slower P3 for less and overclock the bejesus out of it?!?
I have a 600e@800 right now. A friend just ordered a 700e, and I'm sure that will be able to make it to the 900 range easily. With some cheap cooling (like a Golden Orb), I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult.

Just a thought; not a recommendation. I don't necessarily advocate Intel, but rather disagree with Anand's recommendation of spending the money on a P3-866.

------------------
From another BBS:
"hmm... Cyrix III, huh? You can put syrup on sh*t, but that don't make it pancakes."

Back