What's new

Ants!

L

Lauri

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

What a great start to an "already gonna be ****ty day!"

Calgone take me away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get them every year right around this time. They drive me nuts and come in by my fireplace. I have chocolate brown carpet, so they're tough little buggers to spot....usually, out of the corner of my eye, I see a tan crumb move across the floor and I know they've arrived. Then I spend a few paranoid days looking for them like a crazy person. I vacuum and sweep constantly and still they come. The bait traps that claim to kill the nest do a pretty good job. I put them outside and inside where they emerge. Then they eat the bait rather than forage on my floor. They're usually gone within 4 days or so. Until the next year. Persistent little ****s.:hurt:

Me too.. and they are the size of my left arm! FREAKIN HUGE!!

Be wary of large black ants. Some are carpenters ant and can be a tell tale sign of moisture damage. They do not eat the wet wood, but tunnel in it to make nests.

We bought Pyrethrin online to puff under floor trim or around door edges. This stuff works. Professional strength.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/ant-killer-dust-c-1_62.html

Be very careful with it but it will stop them period.

we have been having a huge invasion at our house--it's gross--dh finally ordered industrila spray off ebay and spayed the base boards down--my poor dd they were all over her wall one night--HUGE ones--yuck

My DS left lid off the dog food bin on the back porch and I'm sure they had a feast last night

Cleaned like crazy before work and see none now.... little ****ers better stay away. I HATE ANTS!!!

We finally invested $75 every 4 months after hubby caught me vacuuming and taping (duct tape on the end of a swiffer) the little suckers up at 3 in the morning...I was in fact having ant nightmares. The bug guy came for the 1st time 2 yrs ago and then once every 4 months (only sprays the outside)...have never seen another bug since. Best investment ever, for me at least!

We get the small brown ants around my sink . We have put the ant bait houses out, there are less of then, but in a few days, the buggers are back. I just hate them.My Husband doesnt want us to spray, cause we never see where they are coming from. He said he looked outside, and doesnt see anything. Any suggustions? does Borax work on ants? you know, 20 Mule Team Borax, in your Laundry section of the store?

We just had the big black ones. I hate ants. We used a service that we used when wwe first moved here around 5 years ago.Hopefully, no more ants. They really freak out the cats.

Back