What's new

Anyone else love thier paper delivery person???

mommy2912

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I have decided I love my paper lady. I had originally ordered 3 papers (neighbor gives up hers so I had even number, lol). There was much confusion when home delivery first started. So when I didn't get all my papers for like the 2nd week she personally brought the rest to my door...she thought there was a mistake and apologized. No biggie I just explained I'm not insane I just want my coupons......she then offered me extra inserts when she has them.....I've loved her ever since!!!!! Randomly I will wake up on a Monday morn to a huge stack of inserts or I'll get them on Sunday,etc. Average I get about 7, occasionally I don't get any but sometimes I get like 30 extra copies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously I need to tip her well.......so I'm curious what would you all tip??? I'm up for renewal soon, I pay every 13 weeks so tip would be for 13 weeks.....any thoughts????

Thanks!!!!

I've never seen my paper guy (know it's a guy cause he put a card with his addy so I could tip him in my paper before Christmas).

I would like if one paper made it to my steps so I don't have to go out on the sidewalk to get it, but no biggie.

I've never seen my paper guy (know it's a guy cause he put a card with his addy so I could tip him in my paper before Christmas).

I would like if one paper made it to my steps so I don't have to go out on the sidewalk to get it, but no biggie.

I was just happy mine was showing up in my yard....lol....there were times I did not know if it was my paper or my neighbors...lol

That was me the first few weeks one being the week of 1/3/10 so I was really upset!!!! But once I didn't get one and I waited for her....we been cool ever since! LOL

You should get a doggie and train him to go get the paper for you! :bliss:

If your really impressed 20% tip... averagely impressed, 15% less than impressed 10%
So if your 13 week bill is $20.00 $4.00@20%. $3@15% and $2@10%. Rarely do I tip less than 20% for a tip.

If your really impressed 20% tip... averagely impressed, 15% less than impressed 10%
So if your 13 week bill is $20.00 $4.00@20%. $3@15% and $2@10%. Rarely do I tip less than 20% for a tip.

I'm a waitress so I personally hate the whole percentage thing....just because if I do a ****ty job leave me a ****ty tip but if I do an excellent job tip me like I did....not the price of your food.

Plus I of course got a deal on my papers.......did I mention she goes out of her way to bring these to me as I don't get the paper everyday :)

I sent my guy $5 in a Christmas card.

I've been trying to give our paper person a big 'ole CMas gift since, well, CMas! I've taped it high and low to the door (the envie that they leave around the same time) and all I can figure is that the person delivering it isn't the same one that the envie is addressed to. Which makes me wonder why they'd leave an envelope w/someone else's name on it in the first place. If you're doing the delivering, then shouldn't YOU get the tip? Especially if it's in your face every week? :surrender:

I took a ham and a turkey to my delivery lady's house at Christmas. Hmm, maybe they be getting another ham at Easter.

Shhhh...our paper delivery peeps don't need to know about this whole ham/turkey thing. We can keep it to ourselves....

Shhhh...our paper delivery peeps don't need to know about this whole ham/turkey thing. We can keep it to ourselves....

:lol::lol:

**** I missed out all on that.....hook a **** up!!!! I'll deliver ur paper! LOL

I think you need to figure out how much these inserts are worth to you--Like--I buy my papers for $1 each--so just the inserts are worth $1 to me--

I think for 13 weeks of inserts ( take the ggod weeks with the bad..) i would say at least $10 if not $20--if you could afford it--might be the incentive she needs to bring them all the time.

I think you need to figure out how much these inserts are worth to you--Like--I buy my papers for $1 each--so just the inserts are worth $1 to me--

I think for 13 weeks of inserts ( take the ggod weeks with the bad..) i would say at least $10 if not $20--if you could afford it--might be the incentive she needs to bring them all the time.

I was thinking $15-$20 as well.............just wanted to make sure I wasn't lowballing her. Though after hearing everyone else's not so great delivery stories I'm starting to think she's a gem :)

ABSOLUTLY!! Never renewed my subscription yet they deliver 10 papers weekly... haven't paid since Dec 09! My CC was changed so I KNOW it wasn't charged! :bowing:

ABSOLUTLY!! Never renewed my subscription yet they deliver 10 papers weekly... haven't paid since Dec 09! My CC was changed so I KNOW it wasn't charged! :bowing:

Dayummmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I've been trying to give our paper person a big 'ole CMas gift since, well, CMas! I've taped it high and low to the door (the envie that they leave around the same time) and all I can figure is that the person delivering it isn't the same one that the envie is addressed to. Which makes me wonder why they'd leave an envelope w/someone else's name on it in the first place. If you're doing the delivering, then shouldn't YOU get the tip? Especially if it's in your face every week? :surrender:

Are you sure they've seen it? I know our last delivery person never got out of the car. They would peel through the parking lot, slam on the brakes, throw the paper somewhere within 15 feet of the front door, and then slam the gas and peel out. At 3am. Our current delivery person puts the papers inside the main door (apt building) by the mail boxes. So nice to not have to go outside and search for the paper.

I'd say $20-$25. This would show that you really do appreciate her. She will probably continue to deliver the extras to you which is well worth that money.

Back