What's new

Anyone here play soccer or rugby?

Bob

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
If so, what postitions do you play?

I am a Hooker in Rugby.

And a Goalkeeper in Soccer. (I have played striker, centre mid and right back before though.)

I play soccer(left full, or left wing) but last season I played in every position on the pitch even keeper cos I used to play there

Rugby, I only play in the huge games we have at lunch time at skool, where the main object is to injure your opponent rather than win :)

The injure rather than score points games are always the best! Which is why i hate tip rugby .. :)

I used to actively play football [american: soccer] (indoors and outdoors both) up until 5 years ago. I used to have practices 4 days a week with upto 3 games over the weekend excluding the tournement weekends.

I didn't get into it until I was age 10, but played until age 23. But I did grow up and play on some teams coached by the local Cleveland Force/Cleveland Crunch professional indoor soccer players or ones where their children played on. I was lucky that my Grandma's neighboor was one of them, which got me into those teams.

I'm currently looking to see what my options are to get into a league again. Might be a bit rough starting off with the indoor game to get back into it, but should be fun.

Please bare with the awkward names of the positions, as the coaches of my teams never used any of the typical configurations. I started off as a goalie (managed to rack up a 5 year streak of consecutive shutouts) on the outdoor field. Then I started playing indoor, as a defensive sweeper. But I would go on some offensive strikes and managed to score some goals. I had to fight with the coach of my outdoor league team to get a chance to play out on the field. After having played defensive sweeper (between defenders and goalie) for one half, the coach never wanted me in goals again since the other team rarely managed to get any shots on goal! I continued going on offensive strikes, and was moved to sweeper position (between midfielders and defenders). The last few years I was sharing my time between Forward and Midfield. I prefered playing Striker position (between Forward and Midfield), since I got to be involved in more action.

I liked it early on as a defender goin on offensive strikes as the other teams' defenders wouldn't cover me as much as they would a Forward. But that quickly changed after they realized I was scoring just about every other game with some goals from the corner kick position.

Can't wait til I start playing again.

--|BRiT|

I think I played soccer for a few weeks in primary school, and played in one or two inter-school games. :D

I used to play keeper back in high school. Made the All-City team my junior and senior years. Even got offered a scholarship to a small state university, but it wasn't what I was looking to do.

I used to play alot on the yard ball scale. Im best at playing defense, and thats what I enjoy most. There is just something about spoiling someone attempting to score that I really love.

In my last active season, I played in defence in Soccer 5 times, and got 5 red cards .. there is just something about the sight of a year old crying on the ground with blood streaming from somewhere on their bodies that makes them want to send peope off .. it aint fair.

Back