What's new

Are you travel sick?

Paramount

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Peak Coin
Sometimes people can become travel sick when they travel by car or even by plane. Do you experience travel sickness when you go places? I don't get travel sickness much, but if I am in a car for a while and it's hot I can sometimes feel unwell.

I have friends that get travel sick when they get in the car for a little while so they have to stop and get some air to be able to continue. I'm very fortunate that I don't suffer with travel sickness because it would make travelling horrid.

You can tablets or eat certain foods to help settle the sickness, but it's still not a nice experience to go through.

I have taken 3 days train ride and I was not tired. I have traveled in a car for 7 days (I did stop for a sleepover), yet I was not sick. I have even traveled on a bus for more than 28 hours, and I was perfectly ok.

I only get travel sick if it's a really hot bad and the journey is bumpy or bad in some way. On a normal day travelling even for a few hours is fine by me and I wouldn't feel travel sick. I'm very grateful though as some people in my family get travel sick.

Yes I get travel sick when I travel anywhere by boat. I think it's because of the motion of the boat which makes me feel really unwell. Luckily I don't really have any reason to go on a boat so it's not often an issue.

I would hate to live on an island because I imagine I'd have to travel by boat (of ferry) more.

When I was younger I struggled badly with travel sickness, my mum would have to ensure she had tablets that I could take and would also have to ensure that I had plenty of activities I could do in the car when we took long journeys. As I got older though I found it easier to manage and now I can travel somewhat far distances without having any issues which I am happy about. I used to hate that my family would have to stop during a trip and would have to wait for me to feel better before we could continue.

Back