What's new

Asus mobo beeps... HELP PLEEEEEZE

bglad

New Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I just built a computer with an Asus P5A and K6-2 500. Very basic, all that is in there right now is vid, sound and modem. All add on cards are known quantities as I've already built two other machines from the same mobo and parts. In fact, the vid card, modem and hard drive came out of other machines so I know they work properly. Only new parts are mobo, chip and sound card which is a basic SB 16 PCI.

This machine loaded windows and all software from a fresh load flawlessly and seems to work perfectly EXCEPT!!!!!! the case speaker beeps intermittently. When it beeps it is a constant tone that lasts varying lengths of usually more than 15 seconds and up to minutes. It doesn't seem to be triggered by anything. It will start while the computer is sitting idle or working. No clues at all in this regard. The computer continues to work perfectly while this is happening. Any ideas or do we have to send this motherboard back??... and no, I don't want to just unplug the speaker
lol.gif

Thanks for the help

Sounds like there is some kind of grounding issue going on. Possibly the motherboard to the case.
First thing I would do would be to make sure the speaker cable isn't touching anything and is attached snugly to the pins on the motherboard.

----------------------------
I am Jack's raging inner child. Without me, Jack has to deal with the pitfalls of reality.

Does your bios have any kind of alarms, such as an overtemp alarm?

Ski Bum

Back