What's new

Atari Cancels Some Good Looking Games!

Evan

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Atari has decided to cancel the GameCube release of several titles. Titles confirmed for cancellation are Driver 3, Mission Impossible: Operation Surma, and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.
The news - that comes out of a Sega event in Holland - is sure to be a blow to Nintendo and its fans, as the cancelled titles were certainly looking good. Sadly the bad news doesn't stop there, as Atari is considering cancelling other titles.

NOOOO!!!! Not Driver 3!!!! :(

God damned 3rd party developers pulling Gamecube support. Ther trend is spreading like fleas in a rabid dog house.

Meh. Most of those looked fairly horrible, anyway. I'm guessing no one ever took notice of the first Mission Impossible game, but that helicopter consistently flowing overhead and making the most god awful sounds just wasn't kosher.

Terminator 3 - Some of the Terminator games were alright. Albeit, extremely annoying. I doubt that we're missing much. Obviously, Atari felt the same way, since they cancelled them.

Driver 3 - Couldn't care less. I got my GTA, and my GT, and personally, that's all I really need. That, and it's coming out for PC anyway. Apparently - Since you're posting here, I would guess you have access to a computer. I'm only guessing though.

Driver 3 is a big loss, what are you smoking? :p

Driver 3 is what kept me from saying this one was no lose. The Gamecube needs more GTA-like games... hopefully True Crime still rocks up on the Gamecube.

exactly matt!!! We need as many GTA Type games as possibe for the GCN. I think True Crime will be very very good!!

GCN is missing out on both Grand Theft Auto and Mafia, so Driver 3 is a pretty large loss. Driver 1 is the game that made me keep my PSX.

I really hate GTA and it's clones. Movie liscense games usually turn out crappy too.

You hate GTA?? HOLY ****!!!!!! You are the first person I have ever heard say that!!!! I love GTA and we need more GTA type games for the GCN. And the driver games were great!!! except the missions (they sucked)

Back