What's new

Avoiding ground beef becuz of pink slime? Might want to put that chicken leg down...

Re: Avoiding ground beef becuz of pink slime? Might want to put that chicken leg down

You can take the ground beef, but leave my fried chicken alone!!! :keeper:

Re: Avoiding ground beef becuz of pink slime? Might want to put that chicken leg down

We just eat organic at home and prefer restaurants that offer healthier choices as well. We are so much healthier once we got serious about cutting out the "regular" meat and produce. It hurts to pay more but it costs a lot to need doctors and meds frequently and feel awful all the time too. I'd rather pay more and be healthy.

When we eat out, we try for places that offer organic and antibiotic free and grass fed options. I also fill out surveys encouraging restaurants to offer these options.

Our food industry in the US is pretty scary. Wish we could get a President to gut the FDA and put together a real consumer protection group in it's place.

While you're at it you need to put that beer(at least big batch name brand) down too. Why? I used to work with chemicals. One was Hydroquinone, used to age organic matter like women's brown spots in fade creams. One day the morning supervisor told us he had taken a brewery tour the past weekend. When they got to the part where they were dumping the ingredients in the tank he saw them adding hydroquinone. They told him even though it's poison they add such a small amount per person it doesn't hurt nobody but they need to use it to make the beer age faster.

I don't know that organic or free range is that great either.

I used to have chickens as pets, they roamed all over & even though they were given fresh feed and water twice a day, they preferred to drink out of the most disgusting puddles and ate bugs/worms, etc. Yuck.

If meat didn't taste so darn good I'd have become a vegetarian.

I used to have chickens as pets, they roamed all over & even though they were given fresh feed and water twice a day, they preferred to drink out of the most disgusting puddles and ate bugs/worms, etc. Yuck.

Um...........ennui, muddy puddles and bugs/ worms are natural for critters and doesn't hurt anyone (for the most part). I'll take that for animal feed over chemical and hormone laced products.

Ever swam in a lake, river, ocean? Then you swallowed plenty of nature's creatures. ;)

Um...........ennui, muddy puddles and bugs/ worms is natural for critters and doesn't hurt anyone (for the most part). I'll take that for animal feed over chemical and hormone laced products.

Ever swam in a lake, river, ocean? Then you swallowed plenty of nature's creatures. ;)
I know! Yuck! Look up Naegleria fowleri

I know! Yuck! Look up Naegleria fowleri

Um...........not till I'm feeling better............I puked this morning so I'll wait. ;)

Um...........not till I'm feeling better............I puked this morning so I'll wait. ;)
BTW, has nothing to do with chickens.

Puked? This morning?

Another CWer with morning sickness? :hides:

BTW, has nothing to do with chickens.

Puked? This morning?

Another CWer with morning sickness? :hides:

Uh, no! I was coughing and coughing so hard, I gagged then got that hard knot in my stomach.............you know..........where puking is the only answer............ran for the bathroom. I hadn't eaten anything so I puked water, snot and bile.................burned like hell coming up. :surrender:

You're welcome! :bowing:

Uh, no! I was coughing and coughing so hard, I gagged then got that hard knot in my stomach.............you know..........where puking is the only answer............ran for the bathroom. I hadn't eaten anything so I puked water, snot and bile.................burned like hell coming up. :surrender:

No Captain?

No Captain?

..............mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................... prolly not anymore..................had been many hours

Ugh. I can totally sympathize. Most of the time my morning sickness consisted of bile. Which is awful!! And it so forceful that eyes and nose are running/dripping like a mofo, and then I kinda pee my pants... Oh boy are we ladies lucky or what.
I hope you're feeling better!

Mom2Dee, thanks for the input/ideas!

Ennui, stop ruining my food! :lol:

:9: any more of these articles and there will be nothing left to eat but saltines

Ugh. I can totally sympathize. Most of the time my morning sickness consisted of bile. Which is awful!! And it so forceful that eyes and nose are running/dripping like a mofo, and then I kinda pee my pants... Oh boy are we ladies lucky or what.

Ok you do realize it's NOT morning sickness right? Any yes! It was crazy forcefull puking and I also pissed myself. :surrender:

Ok you do realize it's NOT morning sickness right? Any yes! It was crazy forcefull puking and I also pissed myself. :surrender:

I literally just :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was funny, sorry. We are quite a pair :laugh:

And yes I do realize that :)

Plenty of healthy veggies to eat.

yeah but lots of veggies are gross

I HATE puking for any reason! Hope you feel better soon Mrs. Mom!:flowers:

That's what makes for healthy nutritious chicken. An all corn is awful for all animals, and they know it. Chickens are not vegetarians. They are omnivores. Even organic chicken isn't that great for you. That means they were fed organic corn, and not allowed to graze. Chickens need to eat fresh greens & bugs to be healthy, and become healthy meat & eggs.

Back