What's new

Ayn Rand

Boone

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
What can I say, the woman is a great author. I've had the pleasure of reading "The Fountainhead" and "Atlas Shrugged", both of which are on my favorites list. The characters of Howard Roark and John Galt amaze me.

I have read The Fountainhead a couple times and do like the character of Howard Roark.

I have to agree that Ayn Rand is a genius - though I admire her work from a political philosophy standpoint rather than as an appreciator of literature. Her ideas concerning rugged individualism and personal liberty are brilliant (although, even I have to admit, they can be harsh at times!)
wink.gif

----------------------------
"Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved off the dessert cart."

-Erma Bombeck

KN

Her ideas concerning rugged individualism and personal liberty are brilliant (although, even I have to admit, they can be harsh at times!)

I agree with her ideas so much that I try to incorporate them into my own lifestyle. I've always been the type to try and be my own person and not let my beliefs be tainted by others. And you are right at it can be harsh.

I agree with you completely Boone, I like to apply the concept of being one's own person to a context of government. That is; beware an intrusive government because it will oppress your liberties - and therin, oppress your freedom to be yourself to your fullest extent. Though, I myself am certainly not the radical Libertarian that Ms. Rand is by any means
wink.gif

----------------------------
"Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved off the dessert cart."

-Erma Bombeck

Back