What's new

Baron Davis will start over Lin

Gnozis

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Just saw on ESPN that D'Antoni claims when Baron Davis comes back he will get his starting spot back over Lin. I can't imagine how loud the boos will be in NY if this actually happens. Thoughts?

I don't really follow the Knicks like that but I can say I've been following the Lin story so I really don't agree with this at all. Lin has proven that he can carry the Knicks to victory without the stars so why put in Davis over him? Maybe they're going to treat Lin like the "secret weapon" and bring him in as a strong 6th man. Nonetheless I think he should be starting regardless because to me he sets the mood and speed of the game well. Something that a lot of players in the league don't do.

I don't really follow the Knicks like that but I can say I've been following the Lin story so I really don't agree with this at all. Lin has proven that he can carry the Knicks to victory without the stars so why put in Davis over him? Maybe they're going to treat Lin like the "secret weapon" and bring him in as a strong 6th man. Nonetheless I think he should be starting regardless because to me he sets the mood and speed of the game well. Something that a lot of players in the league don't do.

I agree. Not only is Lin getting it done and winning games, but he has an entire city behind him right now. If you take that away from him and put him on the bench, every ounce of momentum that the Knicks have developed over the past two weeks will instantly be dead.

I would say that he is making the right choice, Lin is still a young player, he needs to develop and get better, and having B Davis experience, makes it way better.

Just saw on ESPN that D'Antoni claims when Baron Davis comes back he will get his starting spot back over Lin. I can't imagine how loud the boos will be in NY if this actually happens. Thoughts?

Do you have the real article where you got this information from?

Wow, the Knicks would be making a terrible mistake. Lin has earned the starting spot over Davis by now, he needs to get the playing time needed for him to excel beyond his current level right now.

I can't imagine that this is the case. What has Baron Davis done besides eat and get hurt. I expect Lin to remain the starter, the only think that has changed over the last few games is melo and amare coming back, maybe they need to go.

That seems crazy. Davis, along with J.R. Smith seems to be a perfect bench player. Not a great playmaker, but a solid scorer who can help to carry the load when in the game against second units.

Sitting Lin the way he is playing right now just seems.... stupid.

Lin has to start. You know strike while the irons hot. He maybe playing the best games of the season. Let him enjoy and keep going I say. He's earned it.

I agree. Not only is Lin getting it done and winning games, but he has an entire city behind him right now. If you take that away from him and put him on the bench, every ounce of momentum that the Knicks have developed over the past two weeks will instantly be dead.

Well said, and to add to that Lin needs all the court experience he can get.

Yeah right, after that blasting the Knicks gave the Hawks tonight, I doubt Davis is getting his starting job back from Lin

Guess what, Baron Davis didn't even had a productive game. Lin still shines and leads the NY. But seem not to work on the TO.

D'Antoni would have been kidding himself if he even entertained the thought of starting BD over Lin. Why would you try to fix something that's not broken at all? On Baron's first game back too? Anyways, good thing that Lin continued to start.

I guess they were picking it up with Lin's turnover problems. They wouldn't ruin the first half of the game with Lin losing the ball all the time and also dont forget he's a point guard.

True, but considering it was Baron's first game back in some time, you would think that Atlanta would have tried to make Baron force the issue just the same. It's hard to say Lin's turnover problems would be enough reason for Baron to start.

D'Antoni is just setting up and finding the good chemistry. But yeah, I think he should not include Jeremy Lin. He can make Jeremy a SG though. Lin is giving excitement to everyone else and that's a factor, motivations like that.

Lin at SG is actually an interesting idea as well, next to BD at PG. They can play at an even faster pace than ever before considering Melo and Amare can both thrive in a fast-break kind of environment. It's probably not a good idea for the long term though.

He won't drop Li, no way! Best sticking to the formula right now and have Davis as a reserve point guard. I don't like the idea of sticking Lin to SG either as Fields is doing a decent job there and he needs lots of minutes.

Mike is an idiot, or just a bad liar. There is no way the fans up in NY will allow this to happen. He will be run out of town if Lin doesn't get to start.

Yeah, I don't see how the coach could have even considered putting Baron Davis over Lin. The sad part is Lin wasn't even TRYING to look to score last night, and he still put up 17. That tells you a lot. Why would ANY coach bench a player like that?

Back