What's new

Baseball Brawls

Prox

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Do you think that Baseball Brawls are really nessasary. I think that they are. If the pitcher only has to wory about one guy getting mad then they would be free to throw right at the batter. By the whole bench clearing it makes the pitcher think do I really want to get my @$$ kicked right now. If there were no Brawls then I think that pitchers would be able to go crazy. What do you all think?

----------------------------
uh yeah . . .

I think that, at the very least, they're certainly fun to watch. Hell, a brawl in any sports game is fun to watch. However, I think the only "necessary" thing about them is for the purposes of entertaining the spectators.

And Prox...you shmuck, respond to my e-mail.
tongue.gif

<font color="#000000">[Edited by Pan on July 16, 2000 (edited 1 time)]</font>

I don't think they're necessary in the National League, since the pitchers have to worry the next time they get up to bat. There's always the threat of retaliation in that case.
In the AL, however, the DH ruins the whole system (see Clemens-Piazza), where the pitcher can just bean a player and get away with it. In that case, the batter needs to protect himself, and if he gets plunked, he should be able to kick the crap out of the pitcher, with the sole exception of Robin Ventura going after Nolan Ryan that time. Ventura got ****-spanked that time.
smile.gif

Now, hockey... that's a sport where fighting plays a vital role in the game, and no one should ever even suggest banning it from play.

I am Jack's raging inner child. Without me, Jack has to deal with the pitfalls of reality.

Yeah DD that makes sense. In the NL a pitcher has to face the other pitcher so a brawl doesn't do that much good. I do agree that the DH screws things up in more ways then one. Why shouldn't the pitcher bat. He is part of the team right. Any way you are right about hockey though. The fights there are a necessity. They make the sport so much more interesting.

uh yeah . . .

Back