What's new

Beanie Babies aren't really worth anything anymore...

bargainfiend

The Infractionator - he molested the bread
PF Member
Reaction score
are they?! I have a big 'ol* bag of 'em that I'd love to just throw away or put in the shed for a yard sale (or donate somewhere, of course)...none of them are really 'worth' anything anymore, correct? I mean, I get that they were never really 'worth' anything to begin with (but I was in my 'I'll buy stuff and feel better' phase...I won't admit how much I paid for that silly Princess beanie!!!).

So, just wondering. I really want to get rid of stuff!!! :hiya:

Did you check on ebay?

You could always donate them to the hospital on the kid floor..

just wait another 10 years...then they'll be worth what you paid for them. You can probably get a buck or two per common beanie. Try Craigslist.

My mom has crates of those ****ers that will become gifts for her grandchild(ren)...

Some of the original ones are. Anything before it got really crazy might be worth a few bucks.

Thanks, everyone. I checked Ebay a while back but got all confused. :bowing: I guess I'll donate them or something.

I have sooo many of these stupid things that just take up space... I remember when I would actually "hunt" for certain ones... WTF was I thinking?!?!?! lawrd!

A large lot of retired bb's will fetch $0.50 to $1.00 each on eBay based on closed auctions.

A large lot of retired bb's will fetch $0.50 to $1.00 each on eBay based on closed auctions.

OMG I sold 7 or 8 of my cousins once for $400 to a Card Shop - now you can't give them away that is TOTALLY Crazy!

Never got into them. They were just dust/cat hair collectors to me.
Cute, sure. But ....then what?

Those days were sweet. I made oodles and oodles of money from buying and selling those babies. Great while it lasted . I remember selling a royal blue elephant for $5000!

I feel pain when i think of all the money $$$ i spent on them. We had over 500 total. I once drove 50 miles each way & paid $50 for the Princess Diana bear. You can't even give them away now. I also spent numerous hours in line & calling stores for these to surprise my dd with.

I worked for McDs when they ran the happy meals. They had to change their policy so you could just buy the beanie babies because people were buying the meals and throwing away the food! Before that, the power rangers were the all time high selling happy meals.

I would wait until all these kids who collected them are in their 30's or 40's and then they might go up in value.

Some of the older ones have value--as do some of the ones with mistakes and misprints--and if you have a first edition one--it could be worth more--especially if the tag is in tact etc.
Some are so common they are worthless--some of the original teeny beanie babies from McDonalds--same thing--the first round because everyone just opened them--if you have them in the plastic bag--and the first edition (i think it was the flamingo that was selling out) might be worth something--but make sure it is a first edition
Otherwise--I agree--if you hold onto them--by then everyone will have thrown them out and you will have the collectors
My niece has an original dinosaur--she just took it to a place to have it evaluted for worth (not sure where) and they said because it is an original--and is in excellent shape it is worth over 400.00
So you never know--I would check all of yours and see

OMG! Do you have a red parrot?

I know of child who is heartbroken cause ours from work went missing! If you do...want to sell it?

Back