What's new

Best free popup blocker

Anthrax

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I dont need it my router and firewall take care of that. But a few people i work with dont want to take that route, so im wondering what ones u guys like the best.

the only one i have ever used is surfpal and it worked great for me

im not using one now though

Google's toolbar has a popup blocker that works very well.

My google bar doesn't seem very good at blocking popups...maybe it's outdated...

If you use internet explorer I am pretty sure you need to have 6.0 for the pop-up blocker to work.

lol, also while ur at it get cydor :X , google p4wns all other tool bars just for the fact google is legit and doesnt need to cram it with spyware.

yea i just tried google toolbar and i like it so far

lol, everyone's converting
hmm including myself when s8 mentioned it for the first time

Google is the best I was 4th 2 say it.

i'm last to say it now that i just installed it....it took me about a minute to download and install it and it hasn't had any problems since...gotta love it

Anthrax said:
I dont need it my router and firewall take care of that. But a few people i work with dont want to take that route, so im wondering what ones u guys like the best.
I don't see how a router can take care of popups.

Well, a router won't take care of browser popups, but many people still call Messenger spam popups, because they still pop up on the screen.
In that particular instance, a router will stop those because it's blocking the NetBIOS ports by default, preventing the Messenger spam from reaching your PC.

However, for clarification, in the common tongue, Messenger spam != popups.

And put me in as the nth vote for the Google toolbar. Works great, adds decent functionality, small footprint, and is effective.

Back