What's new

Blackberry Playbook's Android app support delayed!

cris09

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Blackberry's slate named Playbook was launched into the market but was not received well by the masses, as they were lightyears behind Android and iOS. However, Playbook can run Android apps too, a fact confirmed by RIM. However, this feature will not be available until fall. It is interesting to see where this device takes Blackberry, as far as marketshare is concerned.
What do you all think? Do you have a tablet? Would you ever purchase it? If yes, then which?

No, i don't have a tablet. I have a LG pop. I really like it because it's easy, usefull, it looks cool, and u can take it to any places. :)

I am hearing about this first time :O Well, I live in Poland and this is probably the reason :)
Anyway, this is very interesting: "Playbook Android" - sounds like from space

Karolina said:
I am hearing about this first time :O Well, I live in Poland and this is probably the reason :)
Anyway, this is very interesting: "Playbook Android" - sounds like from space

Yes..It is very surprising that a BlackBerry device can run Android apps. However, there will be no access to Android market and the apps won't run out-of-the-box. Certain "small" modifications are needed from the developers side if they are to port these apps onto Blackberry's StoneAge OS!!

Back