What's new

Book or movie version?

Jason2022

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Some people claim the book is much better than the movie - mainly because there isn't the director's interpretation in the way. In other words, you can make up your own interpretation and anyway, some people claim the director's image of things stinks anyway.

Oh, by the way, this controversy seems similar to the thing about music videos. Note, myself, I cannot stand them, because like with books, it takes away from our imagination. Nonetheless, though, I do enjoy a good movie book interpretation, but not a music video. Seems hypocritical doesn't it?

I feel that movies expresses the feeling of the character more realistically while books don't.

I would rather read the book.
I prefer reading ...

This is me. I've always like the book better than the movie. Now, there may have been some instances where the movie seemed to be just as good as the book but I don't believe I've ever watched a movie that was better than the book. I've always liked the book better because I feel you get a better since of the characters by reading about them than you do watching them on the big screen.

This is me. I've always like the book better than the movie. Now, there may have been some instances where the movie seemed to be just as good as the book but I don't believe I've ever watched a movie that was better than the book. I've always liked the book better because I feel you get a better since of the characters by reading about them than you do watching them on the big screen.
I agree but I like watching anime more rather than reading manga.

I'm not much of a book reader and sorry to sound like Slingblade or Forrest Gump, but I have to say that the Bible is one of the few books I've ever read that much - and it's always a billion times better to read than watch a movie version - even with really good covers like The Last Temptation of Christ or Jesus of Nazareth.

If a story is originally written for the sake of being a book, it's probably better than a later film adaptation. They have to change a lot to the original story and how it's being told to be able to put the story on a screen, and often that makes the story lose a lot of its original pow.

They do have to change some things.....that is why it is called an adaptation. They can't fit everything from the book into a movie because then the movie would be 14 hours long and no one would be able to sit through that. They have to leave something out, at least.

Most of the times, movies adapted from great books always disappoint greatly. Take for instance, Fifty Shades of Grey. The movie adaptation was completely whack.

Back