What's new

Bow hunting and fishing

Smooth

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I've been a bow hunter for over 20 years, and I've been fishing (mostly ice fishing) for even longer.
I have a Darton 20MX compound bow with a maximum 60 pound draw and 75% let-off. I use Beman carbon arrows and impact-spring triple broadheads with a drop away rest. I use a trigger pull but I don't use sites. I learned to shoot instinctively and I can put a dozen arrows into an area the size of a cigarette pack at 20 yards.
There is not much that is more blood-pumping and thrilling as drawing down on a deer. Not to mention just being out in the woods, watching all the wildlife and listening to nature.
Does anyone here hunt? Are you interested in hunting?
Maybe just learning to use a bow, shooting for competition?
Once you've gotten adept at hitting your target, challenging your skills by further distances and varied difficulties (shooting from high up in a tree stand, finding a narrow shooting lane between branches, etc.) is just a blast.
Becoming adept with a bow doesn't mean you have to hunt, of course; that's just an added bonus.

Ice fishing is another form of hunting that I LOVE. Sitting on an upturned 5 gallon bucket & dropping a line under the ice is pure bliss. Catching and cleaning and cooking fresh perch is a great way to spend a day!
Do we have any folks who like to fish?

I have not hunted since I was 21 or so. Like to fish a lot, but don't have time for it to much these days. I will have to show you what is behind my house and where I caught my very first fish while sitting on my grandfather's lap when I was very little. Had my first kiss with my wife and where we got married. I will try to find a pic of it or I will take one.

EDIT: Guess I don't have any pics of it. I will have to take one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back