What's new

BREAKING ~~Another Illinois Law~~

debate

Will find out what coupon you used months ago!
PF Member
Reaction score
ABC 7 Chicago News at 10p
Developing: A ban on cell phone use while driving could go statewide. Drivers would not be able to use hand-held cell phones when behind the wheel under a measure making its way through the Illinois House. Unlike Chicago's ban, the state ban would count the offense as a moving violation and drivers can lose their licenses if they get three moving violations within a year.

....but will the CPD enforce it?............I've seen more abuse by CPD, than not. The police on cell phones and not buckled up. Texting too!

Could be a good money maker for the city....but .....

You have to practice it before you enforce it.

Ya'll love the CPD actually Rear ended them and then screwed them. Oh the comments :sex:

I have had my cell phone and have used it while driving for the past 18 years. I think this law is stupid. I have only had one speeding ticket (wasnt on the phone at the time) and no other traffic tickets.

....but will the CPD enforce it?............I've seen more abuse by CPD, than not. The police on cell phones and not buckled up. Texting too!

Could be a good money maker for the city....but .....

You have to practice it before you enforce it.

Oh you silly Gay :slap:, its Chicago Democrats and Cops :flowers:BTW cops are exempt from the cellphone laws in Chicago. :pout:

But back to the new news its "Illinois" DEMOCRATS, see the connection. So in our corrupt state it will be passed with the good legislators (almost all Republicans voting against it) just an educated guess how it will go down. In Illinois Good versus Evil, Evil usually wins :pout:

Our Board (Condo that is) spoke with the Alderman, he says its going to get REALLY EXPENSIVE to live in the city under RAHM (big property tax increases and other stuff coming).

WOW................ what a f...ing joke.

I think that drivers should not talk & drive at the same time. If you need to talk, pull your car over the curb or in a parking lot and talk. I was almost hit by a car going the wrong way while the driver was busy talking on the phone a couple weeks ago. It was really scary!

Hands free devices may still be used.

Not all is lost.

I think that drivers should not talk & drive at the same time. If you need to talk, pull your car over the curb or in a parking lot and talk. I was almost hit by a car going the wrong way while the driver was busy talking on the phone a couple weeks ago. It was really scary!

I'm guessing you might be female, law of averages here (apply makeup in car)?, have kids in car EVER (very dangerous)?, drink soda/water in car?, eat in car? ever have anyone in car while driving and talk to them? Those are at least as bad as a regular cellphone. Just give you tickets, let the rest of us drive safely!!!

Just such a WTF moment, informed people know phones don't make bad drivers, bad drivers are bad with any distractions or without (we should make it harder to get a license, I agree), see above! Phone cell laws cause accidents since they distract good drivers.

Ok, as an example, lets go on the low side how long have you had your license at least 10 years, 15, 20 or more? how many moving violation tickets have you EVER had (include those you got out of in court)?

Ok, I'll go first 20++ years driving with license, violations 0! 0!! 0!!!. Please read up, cellphones are not a problem, studies prove it.

Let's just get to the point, if anyone has been an accident, got a ticket for speeding or bad driving or know they are a bad driver on a cell phone they should lock-up their cellphone to protect THE REST OF US ON THE ROADS. Driving is a PRIVILEGE not a right. Yes, I have had to deal with bad drivers over 20 years (VERY, VERY rarely cell phone users, mostly with kids, or being PC, illegals that should immediately be deported obviously)

That's been the law in NY/NJ for a long time now (prolly 10 years or so.) Doesn't seem to actually stop anyone from doing it though.

I've had problems with drivers on phones. They drive too slow, they weave between lanes, they make turns without signals. Some of them are on hands free phones.

I know some people CAN handle it, but there are lots that can't.

My opinion, when you are in your car....you should be driving...nothing else! No eating, make-up applying, radio changing, texting, talking on the phone....nothing!

Well poo on you - I can talk to my kids, text, change the song, apply mascara AND eat my taco bell while driving with my right knee and tying my left shoe! :laugh:

Well poo on you - I can talk to my kids, text, change the song, apply mascara AND eat my taco bell while driving with my right knee and tying my left shoe! :laugh:

I once changed out of a swimsuit while driving, lmao, that was back when I was like 20 though.

I have put on pantyhose more than once while driving.

my sister has painted her toenails while driving.

Back