What's new

Bunny carnage

eiramnoaj

It's certainly much better to kick **** than to be
PF Member
Reaction score
Sophie managed to catch a rabbit last night. :pout: Me screaming "drop it" didn't really seem to encourage her to do anything but run around the yard. I got the garden hose and started spraying her (which she absolutely hates) but that didn't do much good either. Eventually she did drop it, or she got so wet that it slipped out of her mouth. I managed to direct her with the hose to get in the house and leave the bunny outside.

Sophie slept in her crate last night - kind of as a punishment for killing the bunny but mostly because when she went out, she never did pee and I figured the chances of her peeing somewhere in my room in the middle of the night were pretty good.

I had the sad task of getting rid of the bunny at 6am before letting Sophie out to pee.

RIP bunny

Poor little bunny:( I remember as a kid our dog cleaned out a whole bunch of baby bunnies--traumatized me!

As a kid, I had a dog that would eat baby birds as the mom pushed them from the best. I'll never forget looking outside and seeing the dog with two little birdy feet sticking out of his mouth.
Ew.

Mean dogs!

:giggles:

My neighbor's Westie once had to go to the vet because she had a birds beak stuck in her (not too sure of the details but it was pretty costly). Ruffle has caught many things over the years. This was Sophie's first real catch. She's come very close a few times but the creatures all managed to get free. Not this time.

Thankfully Sophie didn't get to eat the bunny.

My dog did the same, Joan!

2 weeks ago I found a 4-5 lb "teenage" bunny dead & hidden! (and my pup only weighs 10lbs!)

Prey drive!

Welcome to my world....only IN the house! :giggles:

My dog did the same, Joan!

2 weeks ago I found a 4-5 lb "teenage" bunny dead & hidden! (and my pup only weighs 10lbs!)

Prey drive!

Impressive! I'd say that was about the size of Sophie's bunny. Wasn't a little baby but wasn't full grown either. :pout:

Granted, with so **** many bunnies hanging out in my backyard this was bound to happen but it's still sad.

Welcome to my world....only IN the house! :giggles:

:giggles: Oh HELL no! That was the first thing I did when I realize she caught the bunny - made sure the sliding door was closed. Pooch would have spent the night in the great outdoors if she wasn't willing to drop the bunny.

I think ALL dogs love bunnies...I have yet to meet a dog who doesn't want to go after the bunnies...my pupster tries every time we take her walking!:lol:

I think ALL dogs love bunnies...I have yet to meet a dog who doesn't want to go after the bunnies...my pupster tries every time we take her walking!:lol:

No doubt! Up until last night, the bunnies were quicker than the pooch. :giggles: There are a few spots in my fence that the bunnies can squeeze through and get to freedom. Last night Sophie found the bunny in an area where there really are no escapes.

I just don't understand what's so appealing about my backyard. I can understand why they'd want to be in my neighbor's backyard - she's got a lovely veggie garden for them to snack on. There's a yard to the left of me with no dogs in sight - you'd think they'd hang out there.

Dh's bff has a pittie too, Hulk. Hulk is a GREAT dog, Has never attacked anyone..... Loooooves him some bunnies though!

RIP bunny- but the thought of you screaming and spraying her down is hilarious :giggles:

Dh's bff has a pittie too, Hulk. Hulk is a GREAT dog, Has never attacked anyone..... Loooooves him some bunnies though!

RIP bunny- but the thought of you screaming and spraying her down is hilarious :giggles:

Told you I'd try better entertaining you today. :lol:

I felt so bad for the bunny - poor thing is hanging from Sophie's mouth and getting sprayed by the hose at the same time. :giggles:

Hopefully it saw the white light before any of that started!

I guess you won't believe me if I say I feel sorry for the bunny, right :9:

Baby thought it was really funny when my doggie caught the last of the bunny kits- I put my hands over my ears and ran into the house so I wouldn't have to hear its death squeaks! She doesn't want to eat them, just catches and kills them, then leaves them for me like a prize.

At least they all seem to be gone now!

I also have a nice fenced yard surrounded by lawns with no fences and no dogs- I have decided the bunnies are just stupid!!

Hopefully it saw the white light before any of that started!

Unfortunately no. Sophie put it down for a split second and it started to run but she got it again. I'd already been screaming and hosing by then.

:giggles:

I guess you won't believe me if I say I feel sorry for the bunny, right :9:

Not too likely.

Baby thought it was really funny when my doggie caught the last of the bunny kits- I put my hands over my ears and ran into the house so I wouldn't have to hear its death squeaks! She doesn't want to eat them, just catches and kills them, then leaves them for me like a prize.

At least they all seem to be gone now!

I also have a nice fenced yard surrounded by lawns with no fences and no dogs- I have decided the bunnies are just stupid!!

I agree about the stupidity. Crazed Westie and lightening fast Pit Bull - sure, great yards to hang out in.

This bunny didn't make any noise at all. Sophie really didn't shake it or look like she was trying to kill it but I'm guessing those sharp teeth of hers weren't exactly holding the bunny gently.

Back