What's new

Cabbage soup

YoungYesrod

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
A lot of you have probably already heard of this recipe. There is many variations that effect taste. I had always heard about this recipe and how it's low on calories, but I never tried fixing it up until a couple of weeks ago. It was delicous! Remember that there's variations to this recipe, so feel free to make it more tasty sounding to you, whether it's getting rid of the peppers and adding onions, or adding some carrots to the hole dish.

Family potion:

3 white onions
2 green bell peppers
1 head of green cabbage
2 stalks celery
1 can diced tomatos
Beef Boullion (beef flavored cubes)

Put the amount that you want into a pot, and put the amount of water you want in it. Remember that the amount of water you put in is roughly going to be how watery/thick the soup will turn out. Bring to a boil, add boullion, and stir. Bring to a simmer for 15-25 minutes so that the vegetables get cooked up good and you have yourself a delicous meal!

If you're going to make this family portion so that you can use it as a diet, I would recommend some variations when you fix it up. This recipe lasted me alone about 5 days. You might get tired of it, so what you can do is add some browned ground beef, and my dad even likes to fry it up with some tomato paste!

this is great! thanks for sharing. just add a loaf of whole wheat bread and a salad and you've got dinner :)

Back