What's new

Can a good Muslim be a good American / Canadian?

poetrylover

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Can a good Muslim be a good American?
I sent that question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years.
The following is his reply:
Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.
Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)
Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).
Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.
Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.:
Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America, the great Satan.

Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).

Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and __expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.

Therefore after much study and deliberation....perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans.

Call it what you wish....it's still the truth.
If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future.

The religious war is bigger than we know or understand.
This is a must read especially if you are a Christian. It's short but very informative...
The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion per capita in the United States especially in the minority races!!!

uh, define "good muslim," i guess. that wouldn't be my definition, nor would it be the definition of many american muslims, i promise.

Find me some "good christians," then I'll worry about the "good muslims."

This person is entitled to his opinion, no matter how foolish it may seem to others. I have to say, that I don't like it when people represent a position so poorly as, in my opinion, this person does.

slack, I don't even know who Irish is.. what are you talking about I just joined bashanything.com not too long ago.

Slack poetry red drop it.

As for the post.

A good muslim should also count as a good person. But I see the way they think and it's logical, doesn't mean it's good.

will do,so night are you going too see for a steady job in art work

Nah, I don't do artwork, I draw and I do art on the computer.

I'll be doing more computer building or games/web design.

It's easier to do on the computer than it is with a pencil.

It'll take me til I'm 21 to get a degree.

Hmm, as for the muslim, I don't see why you don't trust them.

To decide on a person due to the group they are connected with is foolish.

That's like when you were in high school and you started talking to someone then hated them when you saw which group they were connected too.

Childish.

yes,, but night.without this being a draged out issue with me.i was at ground zero.the day after,and since then i dont belive them them or trust,you see in my town the fbi took away about 6 muslims in for questions,and they all live and work either at dunkin dounuts or gas staions,,and again living in ny.which by the way is the center of the bullseye,true! i cant help but not trusting them.you have to understand my point of view on trusting them now,no

Ah but you comdenm a whole lot of people over a small group.

It's the exactly what I was pointing out.

One bad experince with a set of people should never make you blind to the rest

night,9-11 was not one bad experince,it was one that killed 2,800 people on a day i was in nyc.a few miles fro wtc.that is a understatment.you see,you have not walked in my shoes,have not had a buddy killed at the wtc.have not see what i seen in person.have not seen the fbi cars in your town looking for more people just like the ones who did 9-11.so please,you know i dont like this subject.it always make my words come out wrong,or i cant shut my big mouth.please drop it .let me have my point of view.and you can have yours,back to meatal

Yes but how many people on that plane actually killed them two or three? The people behind it maybe a few dozen.

Then it moves onto al queda.

But do you realise how many muslims there are? Some may as terrified of their own culture as we are!

-.-

yes you are right.but in your country and mine,do you really know who is who.no never.at least like ,the kkk,,the black panthers,the white power group,,you can see them,they dont hide.either way,i guess i am not hating them all,i dont trust any thats for sure

[FONT=tahoma,sans-serif][FONT=tahoma,sans-serif]"I am going out on a limb here but I have a feeling that you may be referring to the article as mine"

This is not my opinion. I have yet to formulate one.

Simply google "Can a good Muslim be a good American". It shouldn't be too difficult to find. You will see that I merely posted the article, which I received in my mailbox, as a topic of debate.

Nova, "never assume, always confirm", is a good motto to follow. I, too have made the mistake of assuming in other areas during my lifetime. I guess the following statement rings true:

Never assume – it will make an **** out of U and ME

I guess I assumed that bashanything 's debate topics were to stimulate inteligent debate. Instead , I have been accused of being someone I am not and accused of having an opinion that I have never expressed.

Perhaps it is best to just stick to generalizations.

So how is the weather in your hometown?
[/FONT][/font]

Back