What's new
  • Support Peak Forum!
    Vote for us in the Site Battle Madness contest.
    Round 4 Vote PF

Can members delete accounts on your forums?

Nebulous

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Peak Coin

How do you feel about deleting accounts? How do you handle it?

How do you feel about deleting accounts? How do you handle it?
I don't let people delete accounts. They can request it by PMing me.

It's not right for the forum to allow members to delete their accounts at will.

They will request for the delete and I will get it done but their contents stays.

I don't let people delete accounts on my forum as I feel that is one way to allow trolls to be able to come on, cause havoc and then just delete their account and that can lead to a lot of issues. I state in my forum TOS that once you have registered on the forum it is final and I don't tend to delete accounts unless specifically requested to do so which very rarely happens.

I've seen a lot of people over the years request a account deletion and then later regret it and make a new account. That's why I don't delete accounts right away. I'll tell the member we'll revisit the topic of account deletion at a later date. If they are persistent in their request then I'll grant their wish eventually.

Giving members the right to do so is not really good. I don't like seeing members decide that they will make such move on forums that I own.

They can send a request via contact page or PM. They would have to prove they own the account IF they emailed.

Back