What's new

CD Burning Help...

NivekC4

New Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I've been having problems burning data & audio cd's with my HP CD-Writer Plus 7200 Series. I've had about 5 or 6 bad burns in the past few days, and so far I haven't gotten one of them to work. I'm not burning anything complicated...I'm just trying to burn some simple data on to a freakin' cd
smile.gif

I defraged my computer and ran scan disk, and everything seemed in order. If you have any suggesstions, I'd REALLY REALLY appreciate it...I'm getting pissed that I'm not able to burn stuff. Thanks for your helps guys.

confused.gif

two things you might want to try

1. delete the drive from the system(through control panel) and have windows reinstall the drivers
2. burn at a slower speed.. e.g. the max is 4x.. try burning at 2x

[Edited by WaterB @ June 29, 2000 (edited 1 time)]

What os and software are you u using. I had the same trouble with my hp writer using easycd creator with win2000 so I used nero instead and it works like a charm.

[Edited by ukliam @ July 02, 2000 (edited 1 time)]

I'm using Win '98 and i have all the burning programs, fireburner, nero, adaptec, and golden hawk...used them all and they all have given me errors during burning. Still not working...and i still don't know what to do
frown.gif

Try here:

news://alt.comp.periphs.cdr

You might notice that alot of the threads requesting help start with "I have a HP CD-Writer..."

To minimize your CDR problems, I have two words for you, SCSI & Plextor.

I can burn while reading news, this board, running the seti client, and most likely even while defragging an hdd.
smile.gif

Here are some things to try. Shut off EVERYTHING other than your burning software. Any TSRs, DUN (if you're on a dialup) PPPoE (if you are cursed with that type DSL connection), virus scanners, and the last thing to try if you're really desparate, is to call the HP Help(less) desk.

Good Luck.

Ski Bum

----------------------------
Steep & Deep

The fact that you have all that burning software may be part of your problem. It is common for burning software to interfere with others. Problem is, once they are there, they are hard to completely remove. Do a search for this subject at Anandtech forums. There has been a lot discussed about interactions and how to remove software.

You might first try removing ALL and then reinstalling your one favorite and trying that.

I've heard a lot about problems with Nero breaking other burning programs. That might be your culprit.

----------------------------
I am Jack's raging inner child. Without me, Jack has to deal with the pitfalls of reality.

Back