What's new

Cheap Date Night Ideas

B

boyzrus

I searched and couldn't find anything on this, so I thought this would be a great thread to have. (Maybe a sticky note?)

We all need to get out with our significant other, away from the hustle and bustle of the house and kids and pets!

What are some cheap ideas you have for spending some great one on one time together?

Hubby and I have been taking walks every night after dinner. I have older kids, so leaving for a little while (xbox turned on) is ok. I would like to do something else, but funds are really low.

So post away here!

Make out in a park? :wan:

Make dinner for the kids early and let them stay home to play video games for an hour or 2. Make and take your dinner to a lake, river ect and have a dinner picnic. Go for a walk after you eat.

Doesn't anybody do date nights? I thought we would get lots of ideas!

Find a free beach and go swimming/skinny dipping in the moonlight...

Go to the mall, find a bench and people watch...

Go to the Jewel and hunt winetags, tearpads, & coupons...

Go night fishing...

Doesn't anybody do date nights? I thought we would get lots of ideas!

Rarely......sigh......:nopompom:

When we do, we do things like comedy clubs.....not cheap though.

Do you golf? Go hit a bucket of balls together. Go bike riding.

We like to go to Borders and browse cookbooks over coffee. Gives us ideas for cooking at home and making things that are as good or better than most restaurants. We'll split up, too, to browse other genres, but then meet back up with our piles and decide if we buy or not. Back in our lean grad school days, we'd write down the titles to get from the library. We both love the smell of new books. Better than new car smell. Yes, we are nerdy.

Go out for a drive, turn up the music, maybe find a quiet little spot to start things up before heading home

Pat and I go on short road trips...maybe an hour away or so....check out thrift stores, garage sales, etc....also rent a movie and maybe order a pizza or grill....It really just depends on your interests :)

many communities have FREE concerts in the park--pack a basket and go listen!

I've found it best to appreciate the simple things in life . . .

clean sheets?

Many times, we go to Target. The one closest to me has the food area right in front with a whole bunch of windows. Dh gets a fountain drink, I get one of the $2 lattes from Starbucks and we sit at the window and watch people come in and out of Target. It is really nice when there are thunderstorms because people act really funny when it is raining.

Naperville Riverwalk is nice for walking, people watching, picnicing. There is also a huge Barnes and Noble nearby, and lots of stores for window shopping. Places to get an ice cream cone, too.

Take a couple of drawing pads and go sketching at the park or anyplace with a nice or interesting view. You can even take some things with you to set up to sketch. One sketch pad each will last for many cheap dates out :)

You can also pack snacks or a meal to keep the tab really low.

Back