What's new

Christmas Eve

Nike

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Do you have any traditions or things you typically do on christmas eve?

Watching TV. Just normal things at night and probably be on my phone tweeting and posting

We don't open a gift on Christmas Eve, we used too though. Now we simply watch TV and await Christmas day. :p

I normally sit around on Christmas Eve waiting for tomorrow haha. ;p
We normally have loads of Christmasy kind of food for tea though

Christmas Eve....I honestly can't recall...I'll let you know if it seems like we end up doing something this year that we've done in the past :p

Pending on the day if people have to work or not, we usually go to other people's houses in my family and sometimes do gift exchange on that night as well.

Yes, we do. We always go to my mom's house on Christmas Eve day. Then, that night, we spend the night at my husband's parents house. Before bed, we always open a gift which contains a movie, some snacks and some pajamas. Everyone sits in the living room, in front of the fire, and we watch a movie.

Zimm said:
Yes, we do. We always go to my mom's house on Christmas Eve day. Then, that night, we spend the night at my husband's parents house. Before bed, we always open a gift which contains a movie, some snacks and some pajamas. Everyone sits in the living room, in front of the fire, and we watch a movie.
That's a really cool tradition with the movie! =3

Usually we go to Christmas eve mass at church then come back home and put the presents under the christmas tree.

My family gets together early in the morning to have a potluck for breakfast, then we do activities throughout the day like visiting each other's houses or going to the park until evening arrives. After that, we have a small Christmas gathering party with more food up until the time reaches midnight. From there, the presents are opened with plenty of pictures taken and everyone returns back to their homes. In the past, I would stay up all night with my newly-acquired presents, but I get less excited each year for them and I just fall asleep.

I'm not a big eater, so for these past few years its been about spending time around family and enjoying their company rather than getting lots to eat, so I definitely enjoy this time of year.

Back