What's new

Connecting Music to Art..

Abdullah

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
What do you think about this idea?

I think it can achieve something very inspiring when both aspects are well made and connected. It can be a true might.

I want to start a project based upon this idea, but I'm still clueless as to how, because the idea is still quite blurry in my head, but I just thought of sharing it to see what you guys think about it..

well if you are looking at how to connect music and art, a good starting point would be early animation. There is a massive wealth of short films testing animation techniques with music in a very pure form. Where you go from there really depends on what you want to achieve. I would advise against animation itself as it will drive you mental. Though traditional animation does have a relaxing quality to it.

Well, for me personally, I'd do something like picking a song and then drawing out scenes from that song according to what kind of song it is. Like for example, some might involve dreaming up characters, others maybe not.

I personally think that this is an excellent example, and is just awesome so you should watch it anyway. Now, it's obvious according tot he video that the woman who made it loves Doctor Who a lot, and given the song itself, she incorporated DW references. The point is that, this is something like what I'm talking about. Although she uses India Ink in this video, and the magic of video editing, whereas I (for example) would use Graphite or Charcoal as well as making it look more like pictures to go along in a story book (or something to that effect). Regardless, this is just an example and you might get some ideas. Also, this woman is an Art Goddess... just saying.

[video=youtube;pXwwvDlpQsc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXwwvDlpQsc[/video]

Or, another idea, you could take a song and make a single drawing, painting, whatever and make it a representation of that song while still giving it your own personal twist.

[video=youtube;pXwwvDlpQsc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXwwvDlpQsc[/video]

I wish I could do stuff like this. **** my inability to have any form of talent. XD

Anyway, art isn't really something I look into in much depth; I see something that looks good and I like it. That said, music can compliment art, provided the choice of music is appropriate.

My First POST here so hope I get it right.

There are so many ways to connect music and art in all its forms - maybe your first step is to explore and see what you can do well -

so maybe look through art or music you like and see if you can connect a piece either by sculpture - drawing or painting.

The decide the forefront - I would even suggest say a power point presentation with different pics or sketches as you can set music to each slide

I will look back to this if I get anymore ideas.

Back