What's new

Custom built?

Darthmaul

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Have you ever custom built a PC? If so, did you enjoy it? What were the specs and price? How has it held up over time? :)

I made my current rig 2 years ago, and it's still running everything I need it to really well. I spent around $1000 on it, and I built it with a few buddies who knew what they were doing. It was a lot of fun, and I'm probably going to be upgrading a few things here this year, as the parts are starting to get a little dated :p

Nope, not something I see myself doing since any custom built PC meets my standards.

When I get a "PC" I always custom build them, I feel like I get a lot more bang for my buck and the warranty on the parts tends to be longer, rather than going to a single manufacturer for support on any of the components.

I don't. I still have this pretty old Windows as a desktop, and I don't really use it much at all. I prefer laptops due to their portability, but I've been considering a new desktop for a while now, and I'd probably make it myself if I were to get a new one.

In the realm of gaming computers, they say they're cheaper. Anyway, since I enjoy 3D art creation, I've been wanting a gaming one because those perform the best. However, I suppose some could do a bad job putting one together. Is that right?

Back