What's new

Definition of a rice rocket

d2alio

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
haha i think this will be an interesting topic sort of... basically, i'm more or less just asking what everyone's definition of a rice rocket is... some people just say a honda stock is a rice, whereas other say a rice rocket is a honda with body kits, etc. and then a stock engine...

personally, I'd probably go with the latter. Any car in its default stage can't really be considered a ricer, not until more work is spent on the body and you still only have a whopping 120mph (sarcasm on the 'whopping') stock engine under the hood.

OR, once you start putting in performance enhancers (NOS, etc.) over actual horsepower you have officially created a ricer.

one thing I dont get though: WHO THE FREAK LIKES THE SOUND OF RICE ROCKETS!?!?!?! it sounds like a supercharged weedwacker when they put those gay ****ler's on there... i mean... who really enjoys that sound? I have a weedwacker that sounds just like it :)

Heh, my friend turned his Sentra into a semi-rocket. Basically he wanted to take it rally racing (now he's poor, and not dumb enough to throw money into a Sentra... that's for his TA), so he took a hose and hooked up Ram air, disconnected the Air Conditioning (gained about 20-30hp), changed his shift time on the computer, and then... did one more thing that gave a significant boost.

Oh, and he disconnected the ****ler just for fun :D.

It was so **** loud, he got a ticket.

Anyway, he's going to put about $8,000 into his Trans Am and when all is said and done, hopefully have his HP in the upper 600's. I'll get him to tell me all the modifications he's making again so I can post 'em.

stop spamming dude! - that post is useless

thats not a ricer if hes doing it for performansce.

if you are driving and see a honda civic, lowered to the ground with z3 fenders, a larts JSP "touring wing", decals all over, and you get a chance to pop the hood.....and you see the original engine...untouched - with NOTHNG changed, thats a ricer.

People who own them think that if the put a new ****ler on to make it sound loud...like the warlock, then that is not a ricer - but that is not true.

Know the car in fast and the furious...the black one that vin deisel drives...? (the Charger )...that not a ricer. it looks hot (its a muscle car), and the engine is amazing!

haha yea for the most part i agree with what Manex said... it's like they spend all their time and cash making the car LOOK good (and still most look like crap) and still couldn't run worth anything.

on top of that most ricers never top 200hp...they just have all these thigns like nos to get them up to 160mph for a few short seconds, whereas if they actually put some real horsepower in the car they could do 180 constantly with a boost from 6th or - if you're lucky enough to have it - 7th gear.

on top of that though it'd be almost impossible to squeeze 600hp into a car like a honda without widening and lengthening and putting more weight to the car...but then that wouldn't be a ricer, because ricers want to be very light.

i also agree with what manex said. i think a ricer is a car, not usually fast, that people lower, put stickers on, ground fx, spoiler, some rims, but nothing under the hood or to actually make it more powerful. go to www.riceboypage.com

ok lets make things a little interesting...what if you have a honda that's got a body kit and all of that crap, but has 650hp? is it still a rice rocket? :)

650 HP as in pure HP, or an additional 200+ boost from some NOS?

i think its still a ricer. because anyone who has a fast car for the point of racing....will NOT have a honda civic. lol

Originally posted by Manex
650 HP as in pure HP, or an additional 200+ boost from some NOS?

i think its still a ricer. because anyone who has a fast car for the point of racing....will NOT have a honda civic. lol

lol once again I'd have to agree ;) Ricers (the term) come in the regard of being from a japanese car... plus, when you think about it, if you're really in to racing you won't get a japanese car because you'd have to completely rip it apart to make it go fast...

look at things such as NASCAR and what do they use? Monte Carlo's, etc.

i find the term 'japanese muscle' to be an oxymoron...gotta love that one

OMG! That was so freakin hilarious! I almost thought that he was serious!!! :rofl:

Oh god What the **** is this thread all about!?

I might be tired but i have no idea what.. Oh god!

Did anyone that live in So. Cal go to Hot Import Nights in Long Beach man it was whack. I got in free but anyways the girls were all skinny man but some of the cars were cool.

Originally posted by Pedestrian
Oh god What the **** is this thread all about!?

I might be tired but i have no idea what.. Oh god!

Pedestrian - will you stop spamming? many of your posts are 5 word posts saying nothing.

this post is not needed. if you do not know what the thread is about...then either READ it......or do not post!

^ agreed. thanks manex

back to the honda thing...i knew someone that had a civic, around '95. he did almost nothing to the outside of the car except clear corners and some new paint (not eye-popping "WHOA **** LOOK AT THAT PAINT JOB", just fresh coat of plain red). anyway, everyone would make fun of this dude for having his little civic but man he crushed everyone. he had so much invested under the hood, it was ridiculous.
my point is, i think some people buy civics for racing because they're so popular, so the parts are easy to get a hold of. i don't know about prices, but they couldn't be that expensive if so many people get them :p
meh, what do i know

well Gina the thing we're talking about is that people typically get Honda's because of how inexpensive they are and how easy it is to manipulate the body to fit the 'rice rocket' nature... obviously only the extreme rice rockets race with the honda stock engine, but if you notice they completely strip out of the guts of the car (thus spending MORE money) just to get some power of it...

but they end up spending like $20,000+ on the outside of the car so few very even get to the engine even if they wanted... most rice rockets that actually have inside/out done to them cost in the upwards of $60,000+ (and that's if you have a REALLY nice one that a muscle car can still kick it's ****)...

fact is, because of the lightness of the cars, etc. even the engine's with an enormous amount of power barely do anything... hence the use of NOS (a gay cheating device that makes your car a driving time bomb) .

but i guess it all comes down to culture... personally i find ricers to be more of a show car (hence their focus on the outside of the car) rather than racing... and then NOS? I'm sorry but you can't call yourself a racer if you have NOS or other turbo boosters and crap in your car...

Back