What's new

Did you know

siya01

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Peak Coin
Did you know that if every woman in the United States would get just one nutrient every day breast cancer rates would drop 50 Percent?

Certified Naturopathic and Home Remedies Expert

That's actually really interesting because you wouldn't think it were hard to get hold of one nutrient a day...then apply that to everyone and it becomes=problem. Some of these simple things can be so hard o_O

Wait... what?

You can't believe everything you read on the internet. That's how World War I got started.

Without nutrients, we would all be dead. Nutrients are essentially chemicals which the body needs to function, as they provide energy. Technically, the oxygen we breathe in for respiration is a nutrient. Even sugary, unhealthy foods are nutrients as well, so that entire statement is complete nonsense.

Not to mention, there's also the complete uncertainty of the statistic itself. It is implying that nutrients reduce the chance of breast cancer by 50%, but this is not true. It is actually saying that even if all women get a nutrient (I guess that means to start breathing) breast cancer will still be prevalent - which, in essence, suggests a lower correlation than you'd think. It says nothing of the actual correlation itself, which makes me think that this is just a false statistic. You know, like 85% of all statistics are just made up on the spot.

I'm noticing the majority of the threads started by this person are just copy-pastes of other crap from the triple w.

Also, yeah. This is completely incorrect. But then, coming from a "home remedies" expert, I'm not surprised.

Back