What's new

Did you watch the Hobbit?

Thanoz

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I watched it 3d in cinema. I loved this movie! It so much reminded me of Lord of the Rings which i loved. It totally has this battle aura LOTR had. I am expecting Hobbit 2 to be released(rumors have it next year).
I really love these epic movies!:thumb:

I've read The Hobbit three times (once in Norwegian, twice in English) and I'm now reading it in Latin, so I see myself as kind of a fan. The movie, however, was really disappointing. When I heard they were making three movies of The Hobbit (which got around three hundred pages) like they did with Lord of the Rings (got about a thousand pages) I started doubting. The way they managed to make the first movie so long is basically by adding a whole bunch of content that isn't in the book (and wasn't really any good either) and ruining perfectly good chapters by adding pointless details. They also managed to ruin Radagast the Brown's reputation by presenting him as a junkie, while actually in the book he's just mentioned once or twice by Gandalf. I also disliked the whole story about Azog, the white orc.

Marxist said:
I've read The Hobbit three times (once in Norwegian, twice in English) and I'm now reading it in Latin, so I see myself as kind of a fan. The movie, however, was really disappointing. When I heard they were making three movies of The Hobbit (which got around three hundred pages) like they did with Lord of the Rings (got about a thousand pages) I started doubting. The way they managed to make the first movie so long is basically by adding a whole bunch of content that isn't in the book (and wasn't really any good either) and ruining perfectly good chapters by adding pointless details. They also managed to ruin Radagast the Brown's reputation by presenting him as a junkie, while actually in the book he's just mentioned once or twice by Gandalf. I also disliked the whole story about Azog, the white orc.
Quote; quote or "as in established as the best or finest" in fact!

Ms Naiwen said:
Marxist said:
Quote; quote or "as in established as the best or finest" in fact!

That makes no sense..

Hey i have been to see The Hobbit and to be honest for the first 60 mins i was bored, but the final 45 mns or so i was delighted and it made the movie worthwhile, i have looked forward to this movie for years, regarding the next movie it is due for release December 2013 so only 11 months to go.

It looks ok but it seems like a long movie, 3 hours just sitting down sucks

I have heard of the Hobbit, but I haven't watched it already in cinema because I am waiting to the film on DVD.

Postworker25 said:
I have heard of the Hobbit, but I haven't watched it already in cinema because I am waiting to the film on DVD.

That's all right or fine per me then!

Back