What's new

District ends season for 0-4 football team with no points

Champ Kind

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
The Oscoda Area High School football team hasn't won a game, or even scored a point, in four games this
season. Because of that, the school district has decided to cancel
the remaining games.

Link To Original Article

This is the first time I have ever heard of this happening. So much for rewarding kids who try and trying to help them they can do almost anything if they work hard enough.

That seems pretty disgraceful...although I guess if experienced people are saying it was getting unsafe, it's a bit more understandible.

None the less, I don't think that should be anybody's decision other than the players.

That is just stupid...what the hell kind of message does that send? If you can't win...quit? If you might get hurt.....quit? Bullshit... If the kids want to play, they should be allowed to play. Unless there is such a severe disparity in size and talent that serious injury is a certainty, they should be allowed to play. I don't see that demonstrated here. It sounds to me like the Coach just sucks.....and it is easier for him to quit than admit it to himself. And as for the school board, they are probably more concerned with the kids feelings being hurt by losing...boo hoo...:mad: I have played on teams where we lost every single game...learning to deal with that and improve is what makes an athlete better. Quitting, and running away when you lose THE FIRST FOUR GAMES makes you (coach/school board) a punk.

If I was one of those players I would be pissed off beyond belief....this is their last chance to ever play organized ball...and to lose it because of something like this...

This is just stupid. Its one thing to leave a conference because you cant compete, but to cancel the rest of the season is just stupid.

People wonder why some kids become sore losers these days. Winning games shouldn't be everything, expecially when it comes to kids' activities. Bad move by the district for the moral value standpoint.

You haven't seen Prairie View A & M University quit their schedule have you?

Back