What's new

Do you always use SD card on your smartphone?

Heatman1

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
SD cards are built as a backup memory for smartphone with lesser storage space. It's all about the files one need to have in his or her smartphone that it might now contain and it's why SD cards are very important. My smartphone is 128GB, so for now I'm not using any SD card now. 

I used memory cards on my smartphone when I was making use of a 32GB internal money smartphone. After that, I never used it again because all my phones are 128GB now. I'm not planning on using any one smaller than that. 

I used memory cards on my smartphone when I was making use of a 32GB internal money smartphone. After that, I never used it again because all my phones are 128GB now. I'm not planning on using any one smaller than that. 
When your forced to use a smartphone that's so low in its storage space, you will definitely be forced into using SD cards. It's the only way you can have all your files in the same device. 

I don't use an SD card for my phone because I don't really need to rely on additional storage like that. I don't use large files or store lots of things on my phone anyway, it's usually for small important things I need there and then like bills and photos. I use Google Drive and that provides plenty of storage which means I don't need physical storage to carry about with me.

I've never used an SD card for my phone and because I have an iPhone it's not even an option for me anyway. Cloud storage has kind of removed the need for SD storage for phones though hasn't it? I know that people used to use SD cards a lot with Samsung phones.

Back