What's new

Do you know how to play any musical instruments?

sharon

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I like to play the guitar and the keyboard. I played the clarinet in the school band from second grade up to high school.

I know how to play the guitar slightly although it was such a long time ago that I have probably forgotten to be honest. I also used to play the recorder when I was in primary school as did everyone in our year

Yes! I am a professional musician. I play guitar, drums, piano, and I sing. I went to college for my music degree. I teach music lessons full time at a music studio and I play in a few bands. I also have just recorded my own EP album which will be released on iTunes in less then a week and I am getting a website made for my solo project.

i play the piano or keyboard. im not that great it takes me a long time to get just part of a song. i know alot of little tuff, its fun sometimes to be on a piano just playing everything i know

I like to play the guitar and a little bit of the keyboards. I think the electric guitar is really fun to play but I personally prefer the acoustic sound. I also used to play the clarinet for the school band.

Do you know how to play any instruments?

Sharon said:
I like to play the guitar and a little bit of the keyboards. I think the electric guitar is really fun to play but I personally prefer the acoustic sound. I also used to play the clarinet for the school band.

I also prefer acoustic sound of a guitar. I think it's cool and very refreshing that way.

The only instrument I can play quite properly is church organ. I did study how to play piano, guitar, and violin a while back, but couldn't really make it through until I could play properly.

Do you play it just as a hobby or do you join a band as well?

Mayushii said:
Sharon said:

I also prefer acoustic sound of a guitar. I think it's cool and very refreshing that way.

The only instrument I can play quite properly is church organ. I did study how to play piano, guitar, and violin a while back, but couldn't really make it through until I could play properly.

Do you play it just as a hobby or do you join a band as well?

It is more as a hobby for me. I used to write my own songs. It's been awhile since I've written anything new though. Lately I've been more into listening to others' music.

I play the Bass Guitar, and I'm in an alternative/punk band. :) I've been playing for 8 years. :)
I play an Epiphone Thunderbird-IV.

Sharon said:
It is more as a hobby for me. I used to write my own songs. It's been awhile since I've written anything new though. Lately I've been more into listening to others' music.

That's really awesome! I never really got into composing my own music. Must be tough but also fun. Why did you stop, though? :(

It's also sad that due to being more busy lately I can't play those instruments as often as before. I really wish I can continue learning how to play them one day.

I play the Bass Guitar and am in a punk/alternative rock band. I've been playing for 8 years. :)

shreddedbullet said:
I play the Bass Guitar and am in a punk/alternative rock band. I've been playing for 8 years. :)

That is cool. What is your band called? Do you have any audio recordings we can listen to?
I play the electric guitar, drums, piano and I sing. I'm a professional musician. I went to college to study music. I have my own EP album out and I also teach music lessons full time at a studio.

Flash said:
shreddedbullet said:

That is cool. What is your band called? Do you have any audio recordings we can listen to?
I play the electric guitar, drums, piano and I sing. I'm a professional musician. I went to college to study music. I have my own EP album out and I also teach music lessons full time at a studio.

Wow, that's awesome as well! I wish I could go to study music, but my parents disagreed with such idea. What exactly is your specialization in music when you studied it at college? It's even more awesome to be able to live by doing your hobby. :)

I love watching other people play their instruments. Sometimes at the local farmers market there are violinists/vocalist that sing for tips and they sell their music. I haven't purchased their music but I love to hear/see them play.

Used to play the piano, but I lost interest in music about 7 years ago. haven't touched an instrument in a couple of years, so that's interesting. People are always amazed about people who know how to play instruments, so use that to your advantage if you play.

I've dabbled a little. Years ago I was trying the keyboard and then stopped. I really should give that a try again.

More recently I've been learning the native american flute. I gotta get back to that. Haven't been playing much.

Sharon said:
I love watching other people play their instruments. Sometimes at the local farmers market there are violinists/vocalist that sing for tips and they sell their music. I haven't purchased their music but I love to hear/see them play.

Me too. I often see street musicians with lovely talent playing their instruments that it gets me thinking "such a waste to not be able to use this talent somewhere else".

JoePoe03 said:
Used to play the piano, but I lost interest in music about 7 years ago. haven't touched an instrument in a couple of years, so that's interesting. People are always amazed about people who know how to play instruments, so use that to your advantage if you play.

That's sad to hear. Why did you lose interest? If it's really something you really like, I imagine it would be hard to quit.

I used to play much back when I was a kid. My parents forced me to much x-x

Flute, piano and a bit of violine.

Hugop said:

Since I love music so much, I wish we could trade position back then, LOL~ :lol: I guess you're not playing them much again lately? :(

Mayu said:
Hugop said:

Since I love music so much, I wish we could trade position back then, LOL~ :lol: I guess you're not playing them much again lately? :(

No, I dont like classic music :crying:

Back