What's new

Does bad news make you avoid the news on TV and the internet?

Shortie

Expert Talker
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
So something I have noticed, especially as of late is that I tend to avoid the news more than I used to due to how much bad news there is in the press. I used to check the news all the time, multiple times a day but I found that the more bad news there was aired, the more it got me down so I started to avoid it and now I only check the news if I feel I need to.

Do you avoid the news due to more bad news? How often would you say you check the news daily?

It doesn't. I always want to know what is happening on a daily basis and even when the story is not easy to swallow, I will have to deal with it.

I'll avoid the news depending on how devastating the incident was. I also will avoid certain media when I know that they are too biased in their reporting and are not being objective.

If I'm in a bad headspace I will avoid the news since it just makes my mental health worse. With the recent news about another school shooting, I've been trying my hardest to avoid any news coverage of it because it's just upsetting. Plus it's causing more divide in this country.

I understand that in these world, we are bound to have both bad and good occurrences. Bad news is not strange to me. I don't avoid TV because of bad news. I get to learn from the bad news on case there is something I need to avoid.

Back