she was 63 and battleing cancer...........RIP Donna

according to TMZ

Re: Donna Summers has died

Why/ how?

ETA: Summer (no s) ;)

wow my brother LOVED her--so much I might have questioned his sexuality

Donna was not only beautiful, but a very nice person, too.
I hired her to perform at a corporate sales incentive meeting in Hawaii back in the early 90's for a disco theme party night. She put on a wonderful show.

Bless you Donna. Thanks for the memories and all the great music.

there are certain moments of my life that her music was pivital in I always listen to 'Rumor has it' when I need courage

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/17/donna-summer-dead-last-dance/

Donna Summer Dead at 63

0517-donna-summer-3.jpg

9:27 AM PST- TMZ has learned ... Donna died from lung cancer. Several sources are telling us Donna believed she contracted it by inhaling toxic particles after the 9/11 attack in New York City.

9:35 AM PST- Donna's family just released a statement, claiming, they "are at peace celebrating her extraordinary life and her continued legacy."

0314_divider_graphic
Donna Summer -- the Queen of Disco -- died this morning after a battle with cancer ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Summer was in Florida at the time of her death. She was 63 years old.

Sources close to Summer tell us ... the singer was trying to keep the extent of her illness under wraps. We spoke to someone who was with Summer a couple of weeks ago ... who says she didn't seem too bad.

In fact, we're told she was focused on trying to finish up an album she had been working on.

Summer was a 5-time Grammy winner who shot to superstardom in the '70s with iconic hits like "Last Dance," "Hot Stuff" and "Bad Girls."

That is so sad...she is the same age as my mom...too young! My mom used to play her records when I was a kid and I still smile when I hear those songs to this day! Mom always used to dance around and smile and I used to LOVE seeing her so happy!

Wow I heard this while I was in a garden center looking around. I was very shocked.

Loved her. :pout:

Donna was not only beautiful, but a very nice person, too.
I hired her to perform at a corporate sales incentive meeting in Hawaii back in the early 90's for a disco theme party night. She put on a wonderful show.

Bless you Donna. Thanks for the memories and all the great music.

Wow that's neat!

Loved her. :pout:

Awww honey :huggy:

It was a shocker. Didn't even know she was sick. My prayers go out to her family.

She was a local Dorchester girl, went to the same high school as my mom. Great singer, gone far too soon.

RIP Donna

"Last Dance" too....Emmalee and I sing that one together!

:choir: Last Dance.... :choir: :choir: Last Chance For Romance :choir:

So Let's Dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

Back