What's new

dont we have a few nurses around here????

luckygirl0100

Official **** to lazy newbies
PF Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a baby being born with a virus or bacterial infection? Looooooooong story but I tried Google and am not having much luck so any input would be greatly appreciated.

As it having it at birth Cytomegalovirus (CMV) or getting it at birth = Group B Strep (GBS).

Babies can also get hepatitis in-utero and herpes during delivery.

So ex H didn't wear a condom, went to a bar got a chick pregnant.... Chick said she stopped smoking/drinking (i don't believe) ex H always said she never ate and didn't goin much weight. Didn't start showing til almost 7mo. He is living with someone else but is "there for the baby" (whatevs) fast forward to this past weekend and the baby is here but she is still in the hospital with what he says is "a virus or bacterial infection" pics show a tube in the nose and wires attached to the baby's head. Ex H is being a total jerk and basically ignoring our boys and I am beyond frustrated. Just curious what might be going on with this baby. Poor thing deserves better parents!!!!!

Oh, that poor baby. It doesn't sound like your ex-H has an understanding of what's going on with the baby either. Do you know if the baby was born prematurely? My dd was born 2 months early, and was in the newborn icu for a long time. She had a tube in her nose, I think it was for medication, and a breathing tube in her mouth. She didn't have any wires on her head, but if the newborn does, it could be a tube monitoring brain pressure. Then, of course, lots of tubes and stuff on her arms and monitors on her chest. I'm not a NICU nurse or anything, just a mom speaking from experience. A bacterial infection is totally different from a virus in a newborn. Bacterial infections could be from the baby ingesting meconium during birth, which would cause problems in the lungs. Viral infections could be anything that isn't bacterial, so those infections don't respond to antibiotics. Yea, I know, that doesn't help you understand what's going on, though! That poor baby...she has a long road ahead of her if she was born prematurely.

So ex H didn't wear a condom, went to a bar got a chick pregnant.... Chick said she stopped smoking/drinking (i don't believe) ex H always said she never ate and didn't goin much weight. Didn't start showing til almost 7mo. He is living with someone else but is "there for the baby" (whatevs) fast forward to this past weekend and the baby is here but she is still in the hospital with what he says is "a virus or bacterial infection" pics show a tube in the nose and wires attached to the baby's head. Ex H is being a total jerk and basically ignoring our boys and I am beyond frustrated. Just curious what might be going on with this baby. Poor thing deserves better parents!!!!!
Wow.

I tested positive for strep b and just had to have antibiotics during labor; I would assume, if she were going in for her check ups they'd have done the standard tests and would have prepared for that. Praying for healing for the little one, poor thing. =(

Could be any of the things posted. Praying for that baby.

Poor kid. :pout:

Thanks everyone.... Poor kid is right.... I feel so bad for this baby, why couldn't the mother (who is a high school guidence counseler) just give the baby up for adoption?

Back