What's new

dual monitors

aznfudge84

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
What type of an adapter do I need to buy to hook up 2 monitors for a vga with video out?

thanks

Well pretty sure that the only way to hook 2 monitors up would be to have a video card that supported 2 monitors(1VGA&DVI or 2 VGA Ports). If you just wanted to produce the same image you could use a TV and hook it up to the video out.

ok, so i need to get a DVI-I TO VGA ADAPTER

any suggestions as to where i can find that? should i expect it at about $5 range?

yea as long as you have a dvi port, its that white funky little on the back of yoru graphics card, longer than standard vga

if i can find mine ill give it to you for free as long as you pay shipping because i don't need it anymore

shipping would be like a buck as long as your in the us

naw, i can't take it off you for nothing xeno, i'll buy it from you for $5

I went to the ati site and it's listed as $5 but the shipping is a whopping $10

Let me know when you find it, thanks xeno

I found an old 20" sylvania monitor for sale at a garage sale for like $10
The other monitor is a crappy 15" hp monitor

When you use daul monitors can you tell it what you want to run on which monitor?

I had a blue translucent DVI -> VGA Adapter, but I can't find it anymore :(

yea usually when u buy vid cards you get the adapter i prolly have like 3 clear dvi-vga

yea the only bad thing about dualies is u cant play games on both unless game supports duals am i right...?

not if i remember correctly, just tell nview or what ever the hell you are using. you assign programs to different screens, i heard it kill your performance if you have tasks on the other monitor going at the same time though

My ati card won't do games on both monitors unless the games support it. But the nview could probably make it work, it will expand everything i've tried.

You can also do dual monitors if you get a pci card. I know worked on a pc for a guy with quad 21" monitors. It was sweet!!!

Back