What's new

Easter basket - candy alternatives

mrsred1

BANNED
PF Member
Reaction score
We are still overflowing with candy from Halloween and Christmas, I'd like to give healthy but fun snacks instead.

An example I thought of would be Annie's cheddar bunnies
400.png

Or bunny fruit snacks

400.png

Do you have other ideas?

Fruit Snacks.

I always put swimming related items in the boys Easter baskets. They needed a new pair of swimming trunks every year.

Well if you're crafty and have ridiculous amounts of time on your hands I just saw this on FB:

45443_522402214469710_1463073136_n.jpg

My boys are 8 and 6.

I try not to do much candy either but like pencils, erasers, bubbles, bouncy balls, water balloons, kickballs, books, that kind of stuff.

For food, I don't much care for sticky, chewy stuff like fruit snacks but would rather do Pirate's Booty, Veggie chips, etc.

I will do 5.00 gift certificates to Mcdonalds or ice cream/frozen yogurt stores or AMC too.

I have plenty of ideas as far as bubbles, chalk, **** like that. Just need food ideas :)

Joanmarie, yum!

What about those apple sauce squeeze pouches? My kids love them!

Little boxes of raisins, or yogurt covered raisins?

I always put in the Handi Snacks crackers and cheese ($1 for a pack of 4 or 5)

...and my youngest son loves slim jim/beef jerky, so I buy a couple of those to put in his basket.

Organic fruit leathers from Target or Trader Joe's, packs of peanut butter pretzel nuggets (CVS)...

I'm thinking something....glittery for ds3? :9: :giggles:

I'm on the train so I can't post the link but I saw a crafty cellophane bag full of Cheetos tied with a green ribbon to look like a carrot. You could swap out the Cheetos for something else if you want healthier.

I also saw Rice Krispie treats in egg/bunny shapes.

Do your kids like to cook? Not for Easter, but for Christmas I have given baking mixes to my kids along with a note that they get an hour of Mommy and me time. We have made the cookies, brownies, etc and my kids enjoy the cooking and one on one time so much. I'm sure there are a bunch of Easter themed cookie, cake, or brownie mixes out there.

This is what my niece and nephews (and their spouses) are getting:

an emovie ticket, dining cash, Pizza dough and pizza sauce (Kohl's), and Godiva chocolate or Lindt bunny (Kohl's).

I've been having to come up with all sorts of "doesn't have corn or dairy or nuts" snacks. So these aren't for Easter per se, but just things that travel well in a snack sized ziploc since any store bought treats are vertboten

Here's my list
- Snyder's Pretzels (only 2 of 4 don't contain corn or corn products)
- grapes
- trader joe's cat cookies for people (plain, chocolate & ginger)
see http://www.mytraderjoeslist.com/2009/10/chocolatey-cats-cookies-for-people.html for a picture
- oyster crackers
- apple slices (with lemon juice to keep from browning)
- pear slicses (with lemon juice to keep from browing)
- trader joe's chocolate chip brownie & oat bar (YUMMY!)

Back