What's new

Essure

dacmnb

Deal Visual Aid'er
PF Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had this procedure done? Can you give me the good/bad/ugly on it?

The what now? :dunce:

It's a permanent bc method. Less invasive than having your tubes tied. You're back up and running the next day. Seems like a great idea to me. The man wants me to check into it further.
www.essure.com

I almost did...til Dr realized there was nickel in the device & I have a sensitivity to it. I've heard good & bad-quick, easy, done in office. Have heard that after a yr or 2 once the tubes start to scar/grow around the device, it can cause severe cramping.

I looked into this and decided against it for a couple of reasons. It's permanent and cannot be removed/reversed. And it hasn't been around for very long(10 years maybe?). Since I am in my 40s and the "change of life" isn't that far away, I figure I can wait it out a few more years. lol

I had this done in October. Left work at noon, done by 3:30, in office procedure. So far, no pain and did nothing to my cycle. The dye test to make sure everything was blocked had minimal discomfort. They offered the Mirena first but I wanted something permanent.

MissChele

the man should get a vasectomy- been around forever, easy in office procedure and effective!

Back