What's new

Fantasy Genre

Spyder

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone here that is into reading fantasy novels or looking at fantasy art galleries? I'm talking things like dragons and wizards :) Magic and Wars :)

Originally posted by Spyder
Is there anyone here that is into reading fantasy novels or looking at fantasy art galleries? I'm talking things like dragons and wizards :) Magic and Wars :)

To quote my best friend...
"'WoT' with one more 'o' is 'w00t'!"

I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but right now I'm reading Lord of Chaos. Number... 6? in the Wheel of Time series. I might even finish through Path of Daggers before Winter's Heart comes out in paperback. :tongue:

-spinne-

I used to read David Eddings books back in high school. He was the one fantasy author that I liked. None of the others really appealed to me.

First of all, someone should prolly move this to Lit and Poetry.

Secondly, you might wanna pick up some of the books by Anne Bishop. I've read all the novels that she has out, and I really like her style. Sci-fi/Fantasy is the genre I'm most into right now.

I dont tend to read it that often, however whenever I do I really enjoy it. At onepoint I was reading a bunch collections of short stories that were really good.

no. i dont like fantasy at all. the closest thing for me would be playing d&d, which i dont like that much anyway.

:inlove: I LOVE fantasy!! I reccomend Tamora Pierce, she's really good. I'm also into Tolkien, I've read most of his books four times already!! :D

I also quite like looking at fantasy art galleries. PsychoticIckyThing's avatar is actually a cropped picture of Gollum (otherwise known as Smeagol) who is one of Tolkiens characters featured in The Hobbit & Lord of The Rings. I'll be happy to look up any of Tolkiens characters for anyone!! :D

I like fantasy! I loved the Wrinkle in Time trilogy and The Neverending Story. I don't know if you can call time travel fantasy but I like time travel books. One of my favorites was Time and Again, which for those that didn't know, was the book that the tv series Quantum Leap was based on. :D

As far as movies go, I liked Merlin (the tv movie), Princess Bride, Willow, Dragonheart, The Neverending Story... I like other genres too, but as far as fantasy goes I really liked those movies. I know I've seen other fantasy movies I liked too. :)

I'm a pretty large fantasy fan as well, although I don't read nearly as many books as I did years ago.. :(

I'd like recommendations on that because I enjoyed sitting down with a good book, I just rarely have much time now...

I enjoyed it alot though, as well as several fantasy movies too.. Not nearly enough of those around though. :)

Even used to play role playing games, especially the classic original TSR games back in the early to mid 80's...

Anyone remember the pick-your-path adventure books too? Anyone know if they even make that sorta stuff anymore?

The good old days. ;-)

Alien: I loved those pick-your-path adventure books! They still make them, I think. :)

Might have to get a couple next time I'm at the store, good reading when you just need to get away for an hour. :)

It isn't my sort of thing, I have never been into anything remotely fantasy-ish, I don't even like most RPGs, I must say though Zelda : The Ocarina of Time and Zelda : Majoras Mask were total exceptions though, I loved both of those games!

Back