What's new

Favorite forum software

noreturn

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
There are so many forum software ranging from mybb to Vbullention. Ranging from free to up to $250.. People prefer free over paid it's all your personal prefernce so what is your favorite forum software.

Well personally I prefer phpBB or whatever it's called.
We use it on my Anonymous Network, I'm not revealing the adress because I don't want to advertise for other forums on here but I assure you that we are not the Cyber Terrorist's that the media claims us to be.
I'm not sure if I can post other forums or not, but I wouldn't like to get in trouble for it.

Ya as of now it doesn't look like theOkilla is allowing advertising yet but I'm sure after awhile there will be a section..

My favorite forum software would have to be a toss up between IPB and mybb.. Both are awesome one is free one is paid.. I like the features that IPB has but the price of make the downfall of it, then mybb has some cool features to it's just there are a little lame compared to IPB.. So therefore I'm going to have to have my vote go for IPB... It really is a tough choice, depending on what type of forum I was running I would use one of those 2.

TallAce said:
Well personally I prefer phpBB or whatever it's called.
We use it on my Anonymous Network, I'm not revealing the adress because I don't want to advertise for other forums on here but I assure you that we are not the Cyber Terrorist's that the media claims us to be.
I'm not sure if I can post other forums or not, but I wouldn't like to get in trouble for it.
You are part of Anonymous? Please PM me :D

Anyways, I like IPB for paid and Mybb for free. Someday I hope to switch this forum over to IPB.

Okay here is what I think.

Vbulletin= It's so bad I don't even want to type the name of it.
IPB= It's feature packed and has lovely designs. BEST PAID SOFTWARE
XenForo= The theme is hot though it needs more features BEST UPCOMING SOFTWARE
PhpBB= The designs are to professional and it's so complex to use.
MyBB= Simple to use, awesome designs, many plugins. BEST FORUM SOFTWARE / BEST FREE FORUM SOFTWARE

I think IPB is the best it has the most add ons and stuff if you can buy it.

Mybb is second best. its simple and Cool and clean layout.

My favorite is Vbulletin 4.3 that's cool, but my forum have been hacked so now I do not use the forum software again :(

phpBB3 My forums' is 3.0.8, but I cba to finish updating it..

I would go for the IPB for the paid software and MyBB for free software. MyBB is so promising and much easier to work out compared to phpbb

MyBB is really to mod and make themes for.

IPBoard is nice software, and the themes are nice along with mods for it.

phpBB may be advanced, but it's so great to customize.
I also like the administrative area that my forum has which is running on phpBB, easy to use and runs smoothly.
Note that it's easy to use once you get used to it, I had no idea what I was doing in the beginning.

Xenforo for me, I have two licenses and it is an amazing piece of forum software. If you don't know what it is, click my sig ;)

I really want to get XenForo, well I may do when I sell my forum.

StevenF50 said:
I really want to get XenForo, well I may do when I sell my forum.

If you do get it, I can't wait to see what amazing forum you make with it :)

XenForo, got a license. It owns. The good thing is that a lot of people won't be able to afford it, so it's more unique in a way, like vBulletin.

BenDriessen said:
vBulletin is the best. :D because i use this.

I feel sorry for you and anybody using vbullshit ;P

Back