What's new

Fernando Torres.

shaun

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Will Fernando Torres ever recover and start to score goals again?
My opinion is that he is finished, his pace has gone and he will never be the player he was 4 years ago. The most expensive flop in football history!

It's mainly a confidence thing, he needs to play for a lesser club where he would be loved and cherished.

We'll have at Huddersfield until end of the season, Rhodes will show him how it's done ;)

I think he's lost a lot of pace and just doesn't have that attacking instinct anymore. He use to be one of my favorite players, and he has just lost all of his flair. He needs a change of scenery if he's ever going to reclaim some of his former glory.

I has been that bad for him, that they starting using him as a meme on 9gag :p
But yeah, he should move, go somewhere else, in a different championship, get less money ans work harder
In the end, that is the only way its done (the working harder part :p)

He's finished. People wanted to give him more time to adapt to the new club, environment etc. but you cannot spend 50 milion on a striker and he scores 5 goals in 40 matches or so. That is just unbelievable. Chelsea should sell him before he retires lol.

I think he can recover but he'll have to work very hard.

He should have taken the penalty. Five months without a goal is a big gap. Plus he is 27 now, he is not getting any younger.

I agree that he needs to go to a smaller club with fewer expectations and more support. It's tough because when you are at his level and lose form for any reason everyone turns on you. You become a pariah.

I think he will recover to a certain extent but I doubt he will ever be the player we saw at Liverpool again. Very expensive gamble that looks like a flop.

Looks like a flop? IS a flop.

I know Carroll has hardly pulled any trees up at Liverpool, but he is slowly improving for them and will give Liverpool 4/5 really good years.

2nd biggest flop Jordan Henderson - No idea why they paid 10 million for him, he's awful.

I know Carroll has hardly pulled any trees up at Liverpool, but he is slowly improving for them and will give Liverpool 4/5 really good years.

2nd biggest flop Jordan Henderson - No idea why they paid 10 million for him, he's awful.

If you take his record at to Chelsea up to now then yeah he is a flop. But he is still young enough to turn things around so cant rule that out just yet.

It's mainly a confidence thing, he needs to play for a lesser club where he would be loved and cherished.

We'll have at Huddersfield until end of the season, Rhodes will show him how it's done ;)

Confidence is crucial but he has lost pace, he can longer outpace defenders to create chances for himself. Without pace he's just another striker.

I agree that he needs to go to a smaller club with fewer expectations and more support. It's tough because when you are at his level and lose form for any reason everyone turns on you. You become a pariah.

He has had good support from the fans. He said this himself when commenting on the reception he received when coming off the bench to warm up against Wolves. We sill sing his name, despite him becoming a joke in the football world.

I thought Liverpool paid 20 million for Henderson.
Carroll looks awful, he doesn't even look like a footballer. I expect Carroll and Suarez to be sold in the next year.

In my opinion Torres has to play for another team so that the expectations fade away.

Yeah I agree that Henderson is bad! I don't really know what's his purpose in the LFC line up. I'd prefer him to be injured than him playing :/ Ugh seriously...

He has had good support from the fans. He said this himself when commenting on the reception he received when coming off the bench to warm up against Wolves. We sill sing his name, despite him becoming a joke in the football world.

The fans are only a piece of the puzzle; he may have their support because they still think he can come back and perform. His teammates, coaches, and management think otherwise and they don't want to deal with an injury-prone striker that they paid an arm and a leg to sign.

The fans are only a piece of the puzzle; he may have their support because they still think he can come back and perform. His teammates, coaches, and management think otherwise and they don't want to deal with an injury-prone striker that they paid an arm and a leg to sign.

True. He hasn't been fully supported by the management. Villas Boas seemed determined to ruin his career at Chelsea. The formation and style of play doesn't suit him. senior players like Malouda don't pass to him when he is in good positions, and he was unfairly on the bench for 9 games in a row. Villas Boas killed his confidence and exacerbated the problem.

In my opinion Torres has to play for another team so that the expectations fade away.

Yeah I agree that Henderson is bad! I don't really know what's his purpose in the LFC line up. I'd prefer him to be injured than him playing :/ Ugh seriously...

He needs to play for a team suited to his attributes. He has been most successful in a counterattacking team, defending deep, creating space behind the opposition defence for Torres to run into.

True. He hasn't been fully supported by the management. Villas Boas seemed determined to ruin his career at Chelsea. The formation and style of play doesn't suit him. senior players like Malouda don't pass to him when he is in good positions, and he was unfairly on the bench for 9 games in a row. Villas Boas killed his confidence and exacerbated the problem.

Bingo. He needs to leave England at this point and play for a smaller club with less expectations. I think he can come back and be a force again, not in top form like he was once, but he can still come back and perform when he has his confidence. I wouldn't mind him in Italy for the Giallorossi!

Bingo. He needs to leave England at this point and play for a smaller club with less expectations. I think he can come back and be a force again, not in top form like he was once, but he can still come back and perform when he has his confidence. I wouldn't mind him in Italy for the Giallorossi!

I think a return to Atletico Madrid would be ideal for him. Atletico Madrid are his boyhood club and he is worshipped there. A swap deal involving Falcao would be a good option for Chelsea.

I think Fernando Torres might be able to regain confidence and play again if he truly believes in it. Many sports athletes nowadays stop believing in themselves and therefore stop playing altogether. I think he'll be able to play if he brings himself back up.

Back