What's new

For those of you who haunt Karaoke forums, a friend has passed away...

Harryoke

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Well known former karaoke host and internet karaoke forum participant Matt Searcy, aka Knightshow, died of an apparent heart attack yesterday. Just wanted to get the word out to those who knew him.

OMG.... My heart felt condolences to his family and friends.

WOW, he was VERY active on the Karaoke Scene forums. He was always trying to help people who had questions.

Harry,

Although he is one of those I never met when on the Jolt forum, I always loved picking on him! And I always wanted to meet him.

Condolences to his lady and family!

Surprising that there is no mention of his passing at Karaoke Scene, I find that odd.

Matt was the very first person to answer one of my questions as both a Newbie to karaoke and to that particular forum.

He was an experienced and knowledgeable friend to anyone in the need of help. He surely will be missed

I was in contact with Matt's wife Ruthie, and I gave her links to all of the forum threads I started about Matt. She wanted me to let everyone know that " I've read all their posts and thank them all very much for their thoughts.".

Some folks have asked if there is a way to contribute, or offer cards, or flowers etc... If you would like to contribute cash, I do know the address for Ruthies PayPal account, and or I can give you their address if you would like to send a card. Ruthie did not anyone to feel like she was soliciting donations or condolences, but there ARE lots of people asking.

If you would like the PayPal account info or the address to send a card, just hit me up at harryharryoke @ hotmail.com and I will send it to you.

A final message from Ruthie: "One other thing I just thought of - if people wanted to say something, I'd be happy to read or display their thoughts at the service. He touched many many lives, a lot of people he never even met, and treated them just like he'd treat ya if he saw you on the street. So, I realize there's a lot of people saddened besides his family, so if anyone would like to offer some words, I'll put them all together and read them at the service.

Other than that, just keep us all in your thoughts and prayers - as all of you are included in mine as well.

~Ruthie"

MEMORIAL DETAILS: Thurs. 8/20 from 5pm to 9pm visitation and memorial service. Service starts at 8. Location is Sebbeto's Funeral Home,... 901 E. 5th St., KCMO. Family is asking for donations to American Diabetes Association in lieu of flowers.

One hell of a shock! He and I have had some great discussions and debates, and he always had my respect. A terrible loss, and a tragedy for those who knew him...

Back