What's new

Future of desktops?

Ash

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
With the increasing use of smartphones and tablets, do you think that desktops will end up not being used much in homes?

With the existence of PC master race, I doubt that will ever happen. They will still be used within our homely domains for gaming, that's for sure... And probably taxes too.

Yeah desktop PC's aren't going anywhere, you may see the average person having one in their house dwindle, however it will still forever been the #1 way for getting the best looks out of your favorite games ;)

#pcmasterrace  :computer:

I could see store pre-built towers vanishing from the market. But custom build rigs will always be used by hard core PC gamers.

Demon_skeith said:
I could see store pre-built towers vanishing from the market. But custom build rigs will always be used by hard core PC gamers.

There is already more or less a limited selection of Desktops compared to AIO's and Laptops.

When it comes to high-end gaming, music production, and office work, desktops will always reign supreme. Smartphones and tablets are generally intended for people who get out of the house a lot, but don't want to miss out on the latest.

Laptops are the perfect middle ground, if you ask me.

Digital Dictator said:
When it comes to high-end gaming, music production, and office work, desktops will always reign supreme. Smartphones and tablets are generally intended for people who get out of the house a lot, but don't want to miss out on the latest.

Laptops are the perfect middle ground, if you ask me.

I agree that Laptops are a "perfect" middle ground, however, I believe that if you get anything larger than a 15" laptop it gets really pointless in my opinion. I personally love my 14" (I think it's 14") and just having it hooked up to a larger monitor :p

I hope not, i can fix my computer at pretty much any time and change pieces when i want. Opened a laptop for the first time around 2 months ago. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!

Why would you think that Desktops would vanish? I don't think they will ever vanish. So many people prefer to use Desktops than tablets/laptops. Desktops are much more powerful and faster and you can do more things with a desktop.

Back